Online Workers How Do You Manage Your Time And Sleep

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by tonyb • Oct 27, 2016.

1. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I usually arrive home around 7:30 and I have a full 8 hours after 12:00 to sleep and therefore, I have around 5 hours to work but sometimes, I sleep past one if I'm not finished with something. So that I won't burn out, though I sometimes just not finish my online work because that would just end up hindering my earnings and speed in the long run. You must sacrifice work sometimes for your health.

#21Jan 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  2. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Even though online working seems to be quite comfortable it is really difficult to stick to a disciplined working schedule. As we use the sites at home there is high chance of other things coming up in between. For example if we have kids we can't fully devote our time for work at home. But in case of a regular job there is a fixed time and we can devote our time for it without any distractions.

Nowadays, I try to have a fixed time schedule for sleeping and it is gradually becoming a part of my daily routine. Even though my online income has gone down a little bit I think it is better keeping in mind my overall well being.

3. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I start my online work at around 6 am before I get ready for the school run. When I get back I will carry on for a couple of hours before I go out into the real world and do whatever I have to do. I continue late afternoon for an hour or two but I'm normally too tired to work into the evening. If I spend too much time online it makes me feel irritable so I usually take plenty of breaks.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @littlewitch66@littlewitch66 I have no fixed time here in my present location but I go online as and when I find time or not on outdoor calls. Otherwise also, I am almost online all the time due to my work related requirement so switching from here to there is no problem for me besides I am my own boss here so no one asks :)

#24May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    After I've traced my goal (which isn't fixed, it may vary according to my need), I basically keep a daily frequency that doesn't directly affect my routine and sleeping is something that I value very much and certainly don't change for nothing because if I don't feel well, I can't work.

6. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I start my online work at 6 am after about 5 hours sleep.Most of it is done during the morning and then I might come back to it during the evening. Normally, by the time it gets to around 7 pm I'm too tired to post any more and will nap on and off until bedtime.

7. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I've been working from home for almost 2 years now and I can say that I enjoy it and the great thing is that, it has a lot of perks like getting more sleep. I have tons of things to do every single day especially online works. I do manage to sleep at least 8 hours a day but instead of sleeping at night, I'm usually asleep during the day then work in the afternoon til morning :) Although I'm always busy, I see to it to do my daily workout and spend time with my hubby :D

8. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    My sleeping schedule is always changing for various reasons, if there is a significant amount of work available then i try to wake early in the morning to finish up soon, if there is only a few then i just stay up late and take it easy.

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wish I could work more in online activities as I do need the money but I also have mommy duties to attend. If I work too late at night I feel too tired during the day and don't have enough energy to be behind my child. What I do is only work in the mornings until my daughter wakes up. If I do them when she's awake I won't be able to since she needs my attention.

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am the type of person that needs a good night sleep in order to function properly. I have a day job on top of my online work, so I usually get up early and do some online work, and then go to work. I come home and do a little more online work before resting up for the evening and going to bed. Sometimes I am forced to stay up late if I have a project with a deadline.

I also do online work on my days off, but reserve time in the middle of the day to do some cleaning or have some fun. You have to turn your mind off sometimes.