Opening Week - is it worth it to go?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • Jun 12, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't think it's worth it at all. There's never been a movie that I felt so compelled to watch that I had to see it as soon as it came out. Now there've been a couple times where I've done in the first month because of plans with friends, but I felt like I was paying for the experience instead of the movie itself. I wouldn't have gone on my own.

2. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Worth it.. I don't know. I think the better question is "why not?". In my state, I don't have to pay any extra for the opening weekend, so if it's a movie I want to see, and I'm free.. yeah, sure, why not?

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't gone to an opening night since the second Harry Potter, I think. So many annoying douches there and it is super crowded. I don't mind a crowd but I want to have a little breathing room and will gladly wait a week before I go.

4. Mikered25

Mikered25Member

Threads:
    When there is a movie about to come out and its a movie I want to see, then I will go to the opening day. When Resident Evil first came out, I was one of the first people to get in line and go see the movie. Now if its a movie that I am not too sure of then I will wait till it comes out on dvd. I think some movies are worth spending the extra cash to go see, while others can simpl wait till it hits the 1.50 theatre and everything is cheaper then.

5. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    It ultimately depends on whether you want to or not. I mean, who am I to say no or yes? It's all about how important the movie is to you.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I just can't stand the crowd that's why I don't go the movie openings. In fact, I'd rather wait for someone to release a high quality copy that can be freely downloaded from torrent sites. Its better for me to watch those movies home with me comfortable on my couch with my own pack of chips.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it worth it going to the movies during the opening weekend. It's been a long time since I've been to a movie. When I was younger, I used to go during the opening weekend. Now, I have to really want to see a movie to spend up $13 to see a movie.

8. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I've never ever caught anything during it's opening week simply because the crowds are just hard to beat! You either end up with bad seats or no seats! I'm not the type who enjoys jostling with the crowd just because something new is out. I actually prefer watching movies in the comfort of my own home with my own large screen television and home theatre system! Not to mention my free-flow snack bar (aka the fridge). What else can be better than that, as compared to fighting with a bunch of hyped up movie-goers waiting to burst into the halls?

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Not worth fighting a crowd the whole time. I prefer to wait until after the opening weekend is over and catch it as a matinee during the week. There is no crowd because everyone is at work or school, the tickets cost less and you can actually enjoy the movie.

10. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Not interested in catching a movie on opening night. I prefer to let a week or two pass. I don't like to be part of a mad rush to see something that's just the cinema... no matter how compelling the hype is around it.

11. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I like to go when it first comes out. If it's going to be really crowded, I'll go to the mantanee. I try to avoid movie times where there will be a lot of teens, usually the prime time spots. I find that those ones are the most crowded.