Opinions on Amazon Instant Video

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Spectre456 • Sep 5, 2014.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    I've recently started looking into getting myself an account to get Amazon Instant. I've had Netflix for the longest time and it has a great selection I'm generally happy with, but it is missing some things. So I started thinking maybe I could get Amazon Instant to even that out and have a more well rounded catalogue of movies and tv shows.

Can anyone who has both or at least Amazon Instant tell me how you like it and if you would recommend having it?

2. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I like amazon instant video but watch them with your account cause they will charge you a monthly fee. My monthly fee was 170.00 and I like to have had a fit. Its always so hidden charges for good stuff somewhere so read before you put your payment information in the system with them. They have great movies much more than Netflix but watch out for the hidden fees.

3. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    If you have an Amazon Prime account, then you will find series and movies that are included in your prime membership, and you won't have to pay to watch them. The Prime Instant Video catalog is limited though, and you can find most of it on Netflix. If you don't have a prime account, then you have the option of renting or buying shows and movies, but that can get expensive.

4. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Wow, I always thought you could watch every show and movie on Amazon Instant for free if you had Prime. This kind of brings the value down for me because I feel like it should just be included. Thanks for the replies and the help guys, I guess I'll just stick with Netflix for now, I'm very happy with their catalogue for the most part anyway. I just wanted to see if I could expand the amount of shows with a different service.

#4Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  5. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I was on their monthly trial a couple months back. I did not find it at all promising like other video streaming sites. The content on their site was rather boring and really limited. I can only recall using it no more than twice. I do not see any advantage to it other than the Prime membership - I think it is included. As others have pointed out, there are hidden and unexpected charges. I will stay away from it, but the Amazon Prime membership is a pretty good deal for some. The shipping service worked out well and it was quite satisfying.

Stick to Netfilx or Hulu Plus. I do not really enjoy Hulu, but sometimes you have to make little sacrifices to enjoy your preferred entertainment.

6. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I love Amazon Instant Video. I only use it for renting movies and buying $0.99 episodes of TV shows from the past. I don't have an account with this feature under Amazon because I don't rent movies online often. First, I always check to see if I can find the movie on YouTube, Daily Motion or another free online outlet. If I can't find the movie, then Amazon Instant Video is my last resort. I know it can be rather pricey to get an account under Amazon Instant Video but if you can afford, then I hope you enjoy it!