Organized, Disorganized Displays.

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by charahome • Dec 21, 2013.

1. charahome

charahomeMember

Threads:
    During the Holidays, it seems like some stores were hit by a tornado. Items are thrown all over the place, the floor is covered with clothes, shoes, toys, etc. It is a shame the way persons that shop will be unable to find what they are looking for.
    It takes a lot of man hours to put the store back the way it needs to be. I feel sorry for retail workers that have to clean up after the big Christmas events.

But what about when stores are disorganized all the time? It seems like they do not take the time to get items to be presentable. They do not have areas for items, they just place them in boxes and it is up to you to find what you are looking for.

Are there any stores that you have visited that are this way?

One that comes to mind is the 99. cent store. It is always this way.

2. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    There is no excuse for routine disorganization, in my opinion. I wouldn't keep going to places like that. I like to shop at discount food stores these days and it can be difficult finding products occasionally but in general they try to put things in a logical place. Don't be afraid to grab an employee and ask where a particular item is located - that's what they are there for.

I used to work in retail sales and during promotions and sales there was so much work to do because people would re-shelve items in the wrong place and generally mess up displays! We managed to keep it pretty tidy but it took a lot of effort. When I shop now, I even find myself tidying up shelves if I see something out of place! I should get a discount, no?

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I once went to Walmart the Saturday after Black Friday, just to pick up some groceries. I happened to wander into the Christmas stuff and noticed that there were broken ornaments and things tossed on the floor.
    You would think that they would hire a special one-time cleaning crew to help tidy up after Black Friday. That place looked like the site of a natural disaster. It gave the impression that they don't care.

4. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    The Big Lots store I used to work at looked like this all the time! A lot of people used to say that it was like coming to a big "rummage sale" every day. I guess they didn't have enough money in their budget to keep the manpower to keep it cleaned up. That's probably why they went out of business!

5. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think if a store was routinely disorganized, I would not like to come back. I do feel sorry for the clerks who may not get the usual reorganizing tasks, but I see some people that will just rip things off a display, even tossing them on the ground. This is purely disrespectful not only for the people who work there but for the shoppers who follow and get such "man handled" goods. Common sense and some decency would prevent most of this.