Orgreenic pans

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by dissn_it • Mar 29, 2012.

1. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone bought one of the Orgreenic pans? On their website they say "As you saw on TV, Orgreenic lets you cook healthy food safely and quickly! Because of its super hard, durable all natural ceramic coating, Orgreenic Sears in the juices and flavor of your food without releasing toxic gases. And, you don't need to add high calorie oils and butter! Best of all, absolutely nothing sticks to it! Just run the sauté pan under water and it wipes clean!"
    I was going to purchase one for my mom but then I heard that are not all they claim to be. I am wondering if anyone has purchased, used it and what do you think of the pan?

2. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I'm anxious to hear any reviews about them too. The skeptic in me says that they don't work but the cook in me wants them to. being able to fry without fats would be great.

3. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    Anyone heard anything new? I'd love to buy one if their claims are true!
    This would be a dream come true if it actually works. :eek:

4. Crow

CrowNew Member

Threads:
    Oh I saw the commercials for those! If it's true what they say then I want a whole cooking set, lol.

5. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I would like the set as well. I was watching the infomercial early one morning and had convinced myself I had to have it. Then I went online and read some reviews and I'm not so sure anymore. I am trying to wait until I find someone who has actually used it before I waste money. I would like it if it came in a different color too. I don't care for the look of the pans. Though if they work that well, I will just deal with the color.

6. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    My mom bought a different brand - not the actual orgreenic ones, and said that they did seem to work really well. She had only used them for a couple months, so there is no saying what it would be like long term, but she did like it for the short time she has been using them. I am considering trying to Orgreenic ones just so that her and I can compare. If I do end up buying it, I will post something and let everybody know what we think!

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I would like a review on the orgreenic pand also. I see the advertisement on TV but want to know how they work before the purchase. I want to know if they do all they claim and more. I kind of thought that the green in the pans might come off onto your food and you not know about it and be eating something that is not safe for your body. I am very sceptical about that and it may do one thing while creating another. So keep me posted about the pans.

8. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I want to purchase these pans as well because I try to use organic products. Teflon seems so harmful and black particles of it come off in the food. I'm currently using stainless steel, but food sticks to it so badly. I really want to use Orgreenics.

9. happyrocinante

happyrocinanteBanned

Threads:
    I haven't seen the advertisement on TV yet but I did see some knock offs at my local Wal-Mart. I have mainly stainless steel cookware that works for me so I don't know that I will ever buy one of these. I did look up some reviews online and saw that you mainly need to remember to "season" the pan before use. If you don't treat it before you use it, you have wasted your money. Also some people noted that if you are cooking things with sugar in them it will caramelize and stick to the pan. They are also supposed to be heavier than other pans which can cause problems for some people. My mother had to get rid of all her cast iron pans because she simply couldn't pick them up and use them as well.

10. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have seen these before, but never thought about buying them. I like to use the stainless steel for all of my cooking and this really helps keep my foods tasting great all the time. Never used these, but do not like any of the non-stick cookware anyways.

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought any either. But I hear that they cook really well but do not want to try them. I love the cast iron pots for cooking and the cast iron makes your food so delicious and healthy. Cast iron cooking is the best I think because there you already have your fill of iron that is good for your body. I always buy the cast iron any way I can get them new or at the thrift store. Love them!

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen the commercial but find it hard to believe for some reason. I will stick to my cast iron.

13. trident252

trident252Member

Threads:
    I saw these in an As Seen on TV store and they just didn't look right to me. I cook a lot and have had hundreds of pans but these just didn't feel heavy enough to really do anything. Like everyone else, I'm still waiting for a brave soul to buy one so that we all can hear about their experience.