Outdoor Extension Cord

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Jun 29, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought this to go along with the Expert Gardener 4 Amp Electric Trimmer/Edger. I didn't have an outdoor rated extension cord, so I needed to pick one up the other day.

I bought WORKCHOICE 120 ft. Outdoor Extension Cord. It's polarized, 16 gauge, and is rated for 10 Amps, 125 Volts, 1250 Watts, and it has a loop strap.

The cord is green in color, which I like, because it matches my trimmer/edger, as well as my garden hose. There were other lengths available, but I needed a really long cord, so I was able to reach the ditch in front of The House from either the carport in the yard, or inside the house.

This cord is lightweight, which is good, since I had it over my shoulder, to keep it out of the way of the trimmer. It's also very flexible, unlike some other cords I've dealt with, so it's easy to move around, and doesn't kink. There is a loop strap which can be used to keep the extra cord length together, so it doesn't get in your way.

The Amp rating is important to note, because certain tools and accessories require specific ratings. For instance, this cord works well for the trimmer, because it is 4 Amps, but if I were to purchase an electric mower, I would need to buy a different cord for it, because they tend to be rated around 13 Amps.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Ah! Thank you so much for sharing this with us because having the right outdoor extension cord is really important, as it is when it comes to indoor extensions.

I was the kind of person who believed that an electric cord is simply a cord to connect whatever that is far from the wall outlet, without knowing the importance of the technical details for it, particularly wattage that supports, until I got a cord on fire.

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Early this year, I bought an extension cord that was to be used for lighting our driveway. For safety, since the roof of our driveway is just a tarpaulin I settled for the outdoor extension. And I was right because our electrician said that places that can get wet should always be using outdoor extensions and even outdoor sockets.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @MyDigitalpoint@MyDigitalpoint That must have been scary! I had an old vacuum way back when I first moved out on my own, and it had some sort of electrical issue, and started a fire in the wall. I don't mess with fire and electricity, and @Corzhens@Corzhens, I'm glad you got the one you did, because water and electricity is another scary combination!