Overlooked But Very Useful Gadgets

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by DrRipley • Nov 4, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Do you guys have any gadgets that you swear by, but just don't get as much attention as some more popular technological devices? I myself have found many technological items at friend's houses that I really come to appreciate and would likely be purchasing for myself. I think many of us tend to only focus on the popular technological advancements like smartphones and apps because they are the most popular and easy to recognize, but of course there are always some that are unfairly ignored. My pick would be the breakfast sandwich maker which looks a bit too simple on the surface but once you actually get to use it you will find out that it is very Handy as it only takes a few minutes to put together a breakfast sandwich and you won't need to buy from fast food restaurants as much anymore.

Do you have any gadgets that help you a lot but are slightly or even very underrated? Share your suggestions here!

[video=youtube_share;TCKVc-y3Uak]http://youtu.be/TCKVc-y3Uak[/video]

2. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, sandwhich makers are very useful if you think about it. Mine would be iPods. Back then they're like the essential music players but now they're sort of looked upon as these orphaned devices because smartphones are now the default music player of every person in the planet Earth. I think iPods are still cool to have and I find them more convenient to use compared to phones.

3. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the importance of a good and durable timepiece can't be overstated. Sure, smartphones and other devices will tell you the time, but a great timepiece gets attention and complements countless attire choices. You don't even need to spend a fortune on a watch in order to get one that works well and looks good in the process. A watch won't give out when you need it, and some of them come with plenty of extra features and functionality. No need for a smart watch.

4. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen sandwich toasters before, but I've never even heard of something like that where you end up with a hot bap sandwich. Omelette flipper are pretty good too. I also agree with becca about iPods. I love them and they are especially useful for me as I don't have a smartphone.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a blender is a pretty neat kitchen gadget to have. We used to have one before, but it was borrowed and was not returned, so now I miss the benefits of having one.

6. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have an old film camera with a remote. I think this is the best camera. I can set the camera any where and take a shot at least five feet away with the remote. I have yet to find or even heard of a digital camera with remote capabilities. Too many times I've wanted to donate it but every time I pick up that remote - nope, nada.

7. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I think the best gadget that I would love to have is smartwatch. I always thought it could be really useful at times. I hope to buy it one fine when the price would come down and has lots of more features.

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Toasters and Juicers

I would say there are two overlooked gadgets that are way more useful than they are given credit for. The first is the toaster. They are very, very helpful when in the morning I need something to have breakfast with. Toasters just don't get all the attention it should. Toasters basically looked and functioned in relatively the same way they have since the 20s. The second gadget is the juicer. The home appliance functions in kind of the same way a blender does, but they don't last as long. I have noticed that juicers get innovated each time I looked for them and they have the tendency to be mistaken for a blender. They aren't, though.