overstock.com

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by kinser • Apr 18, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I really do like Overstock for the most part - the best part is the uber-cheap shipping rate. I had a baby crib shipped for $2 several years ago. Just recently I bought a small computer desk, and they shipping was only $1. i've never been disappointed in the items I've gotten from there. Prices are good for the most part.

2. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never visited overstock.com. I always see their ads on TV around Christmas time tho. That is a great rate for shipping! Both of the items should cost quite a bit to ship in all reality. I will have to check them out! I never visited them because I assumed it was going to be cheaper to go to a store then pay shipping, but I guess I assumed wrong.

3. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I've never bought anything from there. The few times I've looked at it, I couldn't see where the prices were much different. Maybe it was in the shipping? It's been a while since I've looked at it, so I'll have to check it out again.

4. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried Overstock.com yet, but I will soon as I have been looking for an appropriate alternative to Amazon.com. I like using Amazon.com, because I have a prime membership(79 per year) with them which gives me free shipping. Hint: If you are interested in Amazon...don't listen to the review/complaints about Ensenda(their new shipping carrier) its really not that bad. I thought they were not going to deliver my package, but they did...very promptly...on time.

5. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I've visited overstock.com several times, but I've never found anything I would buy. It always seems overpriced and not like much of a deal. Maybe I'm looking for the wrong items.

6. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I've looked a couple times and found what I was looking for cheaper somewhere else each time. But I'm sure they have some great deals and they are always sending me coupon codes through my e-mail now. The shipping rate is good. Especially if you are ordering something large.

7. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    Wow, I didn't realize their shipping rates were so good! I had heard of them, but I never gave them much thought. I think I looked on there a long time ago and didn't really see anything I wanted that was a great bargain, so I didn't go back. I guess now is the time to revisit that site!

8. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree, Kinser. I've had good luck the times I've used Overstock.com. The items were nice, the prices were reasonable, and the shipping was great.

It's more fun for me to shop on a site where I know the shipping won't be crazy. When I find a good deal, I know that it is in fact a good deal. Often I've prices on some sites that look almost too good to be true. That's because they are. They make up for it with ridiculous shipping costs. I never have to worry about that with Overstock. com.

9. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of overstock.com. Thanks for mentioning it. I will definitely be checking it out. $1-2 for shipping costs can't be dismissed.
    I wonder what kind of products they have. A lot of times I come across items on amazon or Ebay that are cheap enough, but the shipping costs are too high. So, that's why I often turn down the offers. Often I can't understand how a certain book can cost $5 and has a shipping cost of $28. And another seller might offer the same item for the same price but with much lower shipping fees.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like Overstock! It's a store that offers good prices and good sales for really good products. A couple years ago I bought a futon at Walmart, but the mattress that came with it was really bad. It was rough, ugly and uncomfortable, bit to mention it came unwrapped inside the box!!! So I sent the mattress back to Walmart and decided to get another one at Overstock. It was only 50 bucks more than the other, but he couldn't even compare in terms of quality and comfort. Not to mention, the one I bought at Overstock came vacuumed sealed inside the box... Great experience wit hat store!

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Overstock has some good prices along with the very cheap shipping prices. Shipping costs are very important, if I decide to purchase the item the shipping must be very low or not at all. The cost of shipping adds to the cost of the item, if it is available locally I would rather purchase the item from the local store. I understand many people shop online because it is convenient to have it shipped to them, I may get to that point soon.

12. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've never actually bought anything from Overstock...which is kind of surprising given that I've been on it browsing numerous times and found some good deals. I haven't really heard any huge complaints or anything, I just haven't gotten around to ordering from them. Glad to hear about good experiences, though :).

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've been browsing this site for years now, but not really that frequently, thou give had several occasions where I found some items I wanted to buy but was unsure on whether or not shipping them internationally would make them end up being priced more or equally to the ones we have here. Now I'm thinking it's probably worth a shot though, since presumably they have grown a lot more as a company by now and probably have a lot more knowledge in shipping overseas. Still, I'd love to hear from anyone here who's had experience with this particular situation.

14. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Overstock as well. We have purchased many thing from them in the past and have been very happy. I love their shipping deals too. I tend to buy bigger items from them, furniture, beanbags, desk due to the fact their shipping is amazing. I'm not one fond of paying for shipping so I do a lot of searching online to get the best deal.

With the holidays right around the corner I'm planning on doing most of my shopping through them.
    Hope this helps!!

Danyel :)