Ovo-vegetarian Diet For Dogs

Discussion in Pets started by Beast_Titan • Feb 15, 2017.

1. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I know dogs are carnivores in the wild but domesticated dogs had been omnivores for centuries. Most of my dogs die in 10 years. From what I know dogs have the average lifespan of 13. Recently I had seen videos about dogs who are like 25 years old. There is even a 30 year old dog. I heard that dogs with ovo-vegetarian diets lives longer. For sure giving a dog a vegan diet will make them malnourished from having protein, fats and other nourishment you can get from meat but eggs can actually provide those nutrients too. A diet of root vegetables, eggs and grains can be great for dogs. My dogs still eat meat but I am now considering this because I want my dogs to live longer and save some money as well.

I am planning to give the dog a diet of beans, sweet potatoes, grains and eggs. I may also give the dog some supplements.

2. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    My dogs eat eggs about twice a week. I'm sure it's good for them. If they don't feel like eating sometimes, I give them a tablespoon of natural goats yoghurt to open their tummy. Maybe with a little blob of honey. It always seems to get them eating again and opens their appetite.

I haven't heard of this diet for dogs before, but it is certainly worth looking into.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, herbivore is the proper term for vegan. However, no pet owner is asking an animal to totally forego eating meat. Anyway, in my family, we normally prefer some grain-based pet food cause it's cheaper - and I don't think it hurts them. Nonetheless, though, there is a lot of totally meat based pet food out there appealing to owners who believe it's the best.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One dog breeder advised us to give vegetables to our dogs. He said that it will prolong the life of our pets. However, the vet said that dogs are omnivorous which means they need meat. Besides, animals on the go need protein for their strength. I am a bit confused on this issue.