Paid apps that pay you

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Mar 20, 2014.

1. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We generally stay away from downloading paid apps. From previous threads here in this forum, I have noticed that most of us prefer to download free apps and games only. But, what if there was an app that would pay you to download some selected premium apps and games? Yep, I'm talking about another "get paid to" app. It's called Whaff and it's available for download at the Google Play Store. If you want to download something, it's better to check out this app first. There might be an offer that would pay you to download something that you want.

Oh, and to top it off, there are also some apps in Whaff that pay you whenever you use them. Neat huh?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    OK, so let me get this straight, there is an app called Whaff and you pay how much to get it? And after you have paid to get it, the apps starts paying you? Why would the app do that? What's the catch here?

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whaff is a free app to download. Then when you open the app, you would see certain apps that could be downloaded in exchange for cash. Some are free, and some are paid. The catch is that there are a lot of developers that want their apps and games to be noticed. And one way to get noticed is to pay users to download their apps and games. It's another way of advertising on the part of the developers - by paying us to download their apps. :)

4. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    So in other words, it is an app that paid you to download other apps in order to get paid. I don't think my phone has so much space on it to keep downloading apps. Good to know though. Have you been paid?

5. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Get Paid To apps and websites are complete garbage. There's no reason that anyone should be using these apps or accessing these websites because you're going to earn pennies on an hourly basis, if that. I wouldn't recommend Whaff or any other app like it, and there are dozens of them out there.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I hope there's an app that would pay you to just listen to music. That would definitely be super awesome. :D

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really, there are apps that pay. And sure, you won't get a minimum wage out of it, but 10 dollars per month for tapping your screen twice once per day sounds like pretty good value to me personally.

Well, there's slicethepie, it's a website that pays you to review music that it gives you to listen to. Didn't really try it, so I don't know how profitable it is, but I know they do pay out.

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had used an internet radio for rewards but the reward catalogue isn't that great nor is the quality of it great. I wouldn't recommend it. There is also Viggle but I haven't used that in years because last I tried the customer service sucked and they raised the points required while decreasing the point opportunities. It also had too many glitches.
    I too wish they had apps (aside from those two) since Slice the Pie didn't work out for me and they banned me anyways.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I've also heard about Slice the Pie before, but some users said the site is not that promising anymore. I think they have changed their rules a little bit, or the songs to be reviewed are getting fewer. Anyway, thank you for the heads-up!

10. Clairelouise84

Clairelouise84Member

Threads:
    The last app I downloaded that paid me was apptrailers, it does not pay much but it does pay! You have to watch trailers for different things like apps, movies, games etc. It is a bit dull but something to do when you are bored.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Slicethepie actually was never too good, in my opinion. They paid pennies and they expected you to do WAY too much work for that amount of money. I mean, there's only so much I can write about generic underproduced song with no talent #22541..

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have an Android device so I've never tried this, but I have gotten to test out some similar apps and ultimately I found it too slow in terms of earning for me to put in time and effort into it. I'm still on the look out for something that could actually be effective in offsetting some of my app expenses though so I'd definitely check this out since I'm actually looking to get an Android phone soon.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As I mentioned already, I'm using CashPirate, and while it IS slow, you're literally getting paid for making two to three clicks per day, so I really don't mind. I can't really imagine any way of earning that would require me doing less work than this..

14. sazzydan

sazzydanMember

Threads:
    Some of the apps like this are really good, who would have thought you can get paid to try out an app! Most of the apps I have used to do this do not pay much, but they have a really low payout threshold, so usually when you hit a dollar, which is around 3-5 app downloads you can request a payout which is great!

I would suggest trying a few out before committing to one because the pay differs a lot, for example, one app that I downloaded from one of them paid me 30 cents, where as the other was only paying 7 cents!

15. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This is my first hearing of the whole paid apps concept. It sounds like many other online ops, get paid small amounts. I know every little bit counts, and I do this, but I would much rather do some online work that brings in some real money. I am beginning to think it is just not designed for making big money.

16. steph7h

steph7hActive Member

Threads:
    One app that I use for earning rewards is

. They've changed their payout recently, so it's not quite as good as it used to be, but they have lots of gift card options for cashing out, and it's fairly passive income. I agree, none of these get paid to apps are going to make you rich, but if the effort involved is small, why not? I have cheap android phones that I connect to my wifi that aren't on a cell phone plan, so it's not even costing me anything to use them beyond the initial phone investment, which you can usually get for $10 or so if you watch sales or go online to find one.

17. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I have heard a lot about these kinds of apps. I read about an app that pays you for watching short videos. There's also another app that pays you when you take pictures of product prices in grocery stores. I do not recommend the latter though unless you want to get caught by a security guard and be embarrassed in front of strangers.

18. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't waste my time with apps that require me to download something before getting paid, or the ones that require you to leave home and "scout." I do use an app called "App Trailers," you basically look at trailers and get paid. Its nothing that will make you rich and I get cash via paypal worth like $1 per week. But its a dollar more than what I had before. All I do is let the trailer play when I'm doing something else and I instantly get points that I can cash out. I love that $1 :')

19. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I really like apptrailers. At one point I was getting so many points a day but I found when I cashed out the first time after that I barely receive any points. They do pay out though so if you have a lot of spare time I would recommend this app.

20. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I use Whaff every now and then when I'm on a lull from my other "to-do's". It's not too bad and one of the GPT apps I actually like. It is my top favorite next to CashPirates and apptrailers.