Paid apps that pay you

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Mar 20, 2014.

1. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:
    There is an app where you can listen to music, and I believe its through Instagc or Checkpoint. I can not remember, but they are apps you can use on your phone. I agree with another poster, even though you are making money, the returns are very small. I have read a lot of people have made some good money over a long period of time. I guess anything is possible, but Thank you for sharing.

2. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    If these apps would pay their users through Paypal, then I would definitely try them. Anyway, thank you for letting me know about them. :)

3. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, these are called GPT apps and there are hundreds of them in the Play Store, most of them turn out to be scams but that's another kettle of fish. Generally, if you're looking to get a quick buck for your little online expenses, then these come in handy.

4. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Whaff, CashPirates and AppTrailers all pay almost instantly via paypal.

And if I like the app, I keep it but if I don't, I delete it after three days to make more space on my phone. CashPirate has some that require you to keep the app for 3-5 days but then you can delete it. I would advise anyone doing this to download a cleaning app to help you find and delete residual files and clean out junk.

5. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for those great suggestions and tips. I would keep them all in mind. :) Well, if I may ask, how much money do you earn from these apps? Are they lucrative enough for you?

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:

I agree that the returns are much too little. With all of the electric that you would have to use to charge your device to the point where you can use it enough to reach the cashout limit of some of these applications, it works out better not to actually take part in the money making application. It's crazy. Then if you've paid for the app, you may make that money back through earning money on the app, but some of these opportunities are so slow earning that many give up before reaching cashout, though they are more likely to if they paid for the app, I suppose.

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never found an app which was a good payer. MobileXpressions is nice and easy to use, requiring one click per week for credit but it takes a while for these credits to build up. They do pay quickly though so, to me, it's worth keeping the app simply because it takes a minute a week to use.

8. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many apps out there that do this same thing. Honestly, it's so hard to get the money from it. I tend to stay away from those apps. They usually expect more from you, like they want you to get to level 3. Half the time that will take you a half hour, and then you get a couple pennies for it maybe. So how worth it can this actually be? I find that they just jip you so that they can get you to download the app.

9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. They're all the same anymore. You get only a few dollars (which is all GPT sites but I have as many as those as it is. I need something that actually pays a decent income) so I guess it's more preferable if you have a job but even so it takes up so much of your device's energy. Many of them just aren't worth it. I do Mpoints but even that can be too much. The only ones that I can vouch for are the scanning apps like Shopkick.

10. SarahWorksAtHome

Threads:
    I don't get rich from them and wouldn't say the income is "lucrative" at all.
    I will say that by using them along with using sites like ClixSense and Swagbucks I am able to pay the "side bills" in our household (cable, internet, appliance payments) and take us out to eat as a family at least once a week.
    I'd say those three particular apps will gain me about 30-40 USD a week if I'm active. I earn more online/not on my phone but those are excellent extras.

11. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have joined ClixSense before, but I gave it up since I think it is difficult to gain some profit from them. I am actually surprised when other freelancers would say they make good money through PTC sites, but on my part, they never work for me.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    One thing that I have learned about apps like this is that they take more time and energy than they're worth with regards to the actual money that they pay out. It might take a long time plus battery power to download an app that you then receive just a couple of pennies for. You could probably find the same amount lying around in the street and make more in the same time. So no, I don't think that this type of app is the future when it comes to making money, but if you've had any kind of success with it then I wish you the best of luck continuing with that!

13. SarahWorksAtHome

Threads:
    I think it depends on your lifestyle. I'm a stay at home mom and I'm home most of the time so it works for me to do things on my phone or laptop while I watch a movie with my significant other or to let things run while I clean house... it doesn't take me away from anything.

14. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    a
    I have to agree. When I'm playing on an app, I want to be able to make money. Not a couple of pennies. If I am, then it's basically not worth it. There are good apps that you can get where you make money watching videos. You don't make a ton of money, but it's so easy that it's worth it. I have found only one app that has been worth it. I've been looking all over the place so that I can find a good app, and it's really hard.

15. YvonneP

YvonnePNew Member

Threads:
    True, you'll never get rich using these apps. But I think it can be fun because there can be some new apps/games that are quite interesting - and you would never have found it without these reward apps.
    If you want to try a new reward app I can recommend "GiftPanda" for iOS - it has an Android counterpart "CashPirate". You collect coins by downloading apps (don't forget to clean your memory from time to time), watching videos, and completing surveys. You can redeem your coins via PayPal, gift cards, or mobile recharge. I use it as a pastime when I'm on my way and it's pretty nice :)

16. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    Love reading all the comments, but I don't do paid apps.
    I would love that and probably would make a lot of money doing it.

17. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    First, great earning are possible if your app is highly downloaded and it's really difficult, there are too much apps in the store.
    According to me, only if you have enough downloads you can think about revenue and what could be the right market strategy.

18. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have already tried it but it's the same as other apps that pay. They usually have a withdrawal minimum that would take me a year to redeem, five dollars that is. Maybe it depends where you live I don't get many credits because not many ads or downloadable apps are available.

19. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    What would be nicer to know is those apps that we download through Whaff and get paid for, can we uninstall them thereafter? Is there a time limit to keep them on your cell? If you can uninstall them after getting credited I think it will still not be so bad as long as you aren't inviting viruses and malware.