Paid or Free games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Peninha • Oct 16, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are a lot of seemingly free games that will sucker you in and get you invested, only to spring a hidden fee on you, to where you must purchase later levels in order to complete the game. I avoid these like the plague, and the reviewers will usually tip you off to games that are designed in this way.

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are very few games which you would say 100% free. If one can find these. then they should get them but if you are in doubt then it's better to spend $3 or so bucks to get a game which you won't be spending any more money on.

One thing I've noticed is that lately developers are opting to make many of their games freemium because they know, players will want to spend a lot of money on the games. So why bother getting a game that you'll be spending a lot of money on to get more features, weapons, levels, etc? The developers could keep finding more ways to get you to spend more money.

3. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to pay for games. I usually borrow them or just bluntly download them illegaly. I don't care much about the possible side-effects of this type of behavior. It's a multimillion dollar industry at the end of the day.

As far as Apps are concerned, I don't pay either. Pretty much in love with the free stuff I have on my phone.

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like to spend money on game apps, because of how unstable the platform can be. Even with the big game developers, they still seem to have problems with people losing all of their game data after having spent hundreds, and sometimes thousands on in-game content.

5. cardinals27

cardinals27New Member

Threads:
    I play both, although free games can turn into paid games very quickly. If a game is good and it costs money I will buy it but free games are nice because if they are bad you can just delete it.

6. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly prefer playing paid games since these tend to be funnier and better in some way, however, there are many free games that are quite good and entertaining, so yes, I really like playing both kinds. Indeed.

7. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Normally, the paid games are better but not in all cases. Some games have both free and paid version and mostly the only difference is ads. If it is just ads then I save the money by not buying the game but if the game is a demo version like in Terraria's case then I might buy it. I rarely buy apps on the phone because I like saving money for something else, and almost always there is a free alternative to the app.

8. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

Threads:
    There are ups and downs when it comes to free and paid games. Paid games would obviously cost you some money, if we are talking about console games, it's still up to your skill on playing if you will be able to finish the game or at least enjoy it. Free games are usually mobile games. Yes they are free, but most of them would ask you to purchase in game items for real money, though it won't hurt you a lot since you would just be spending a few dollars. the catch is, most of these games aren't beatable unless you purchase in game items.

9. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I play free games only. I donot see the point of wasting cash on games when there are other productive areas which needs cash in my life.

Games are for temporary fun I believe and I like not to spend on things that give temporary fun unless it is aimed for kids as in rides and stuff at a fair.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    If I were a gamer I definately would be purchasing games. Since this is not my case I always play free games since I rarely have time to play them. I don't even have a single game downloaded on my phone becauae I know it would be a waist of memory used.

11. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I never have had any gaming console and I have never paid a cent for a game. I do play games on my smartphones, however, most of these gaming apps that I use are free on Google Play. Why should I pay money when I can get a good free gaming app.

12. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I like playing online browser games or flash RPG games that are fun but I think console games are more well-made and look a lot nicer. Let's take the recent Zelda games that were released recently for example. You can't find games like that free so people purchase them because most of the time, they're worth it. If I can't afford them, I just visit armor games or mouse city games while I save up for a console game.

You can also download free demos from the console virtual stores and those are usually fun because some let you play a lot and it doesn't have a time limit. Let's take a racing game for example. You can have the basic tracks and cars for free but if you want to unlock the other ones, you have to pay. I think just playing the demos are fun and can save you a good amount of money on those. Same visual characteristics of a paid game too.

13. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I would just have to really think that something in that game would be worth paying the cost, and I am not sure I could get to that point. I just not really play games all that often on the phone, although I am more and more.

14. slumberchip

slumberchipNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not really a gamer (as in I do not have gaming consoles), so I'll be talking about mobile games. Being on the Android platform is great because there are lots of awesome free games on the Google Play Store. I think most of the games are free, and the developers simply cash in on the paid power-ups. I'm not keen on spending on those kinds of things and besides, the game play would be much more exciting without the "cheat codes".

PS. Currently, I'm playing Two Dots at level 312.

15. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    As far as mobile phone games are concerned, I would join others playing them for free. It is undeniable fact that there are so many free games which are comparable with those paid games. And they could compete with paid games as to their make, playing capability, among others.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Mostly I play free games only on my mobile phone. But recently I started using in app purchase option too from different apps and games. Sometimes I found some interesting stuff under purchasing section, so I go for it. But surely I don't like to spend more money just for entertaining purpose. In past I never go through purchasing but yes now I do it sometimes.

17. kellyon

kellyonNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to play free games online. I don't have much time for gaming now

18. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer to play free games and that too on my mobile. Since playing games is only a pass time for me, I never get paid games. Free games is enough for me. I don't need to get to higher levels of the game or even pay anything to get coins etc.

19. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I think that most people prefer a free game because we just want to waste sometime. We need to be elevated to the category of serious gamer in order to go for the paid games, and this is not my case as my money is hard to earn, so I can't spend it on games just like that.

20. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Free games it is for the same reason that I don't need to spend anything just to play a game. There are tons of fun games which doesn't cost anything, aside from in-app purchases obviously. I've been downloading and playing games on my computer and on my smartphone but I don't remember even once wherein I purchased a game as it's just a form of entertainment for me and don't play a lot.