Paid Parking

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by to7update • Feb 6, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    You have a garage @Jamille@Jamille, so that's an entirely different issue, as the main problem you have are those who block the entrance.

In theory, paid parking will send the cars from non-residents away, but that remains to be seen in a couple of weeks when it will really start. As for now I am afraid I will have no place to park close to my door.

2. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    @to7update@to7update I do have a problem with parking at the office because the parking fees are really prohibitive. I work in my country's financial district and a day's worth of parking is like $5 to $7. We can park for free in some malls but the car won't be as safe and the nearest mall is still a bit far from my work place. It's not worth bringing the car to work as I would also have to pay toll fees for $20 (I live in a suburban area) and the gas, too. I usually commute to and from the office because it's a lot cheaper.

I think it will be very difficult to implement paid parking in our subdivision as the streets are not too wide and the HOA can't favor one side of the street over another. I won't feel safe at all if someone else's vehicle is parked overnight in front of my house. I guess most will also not feel safe about parking their car away from their home or office. There are no CCTVs in our subdivision streets and vehicles parked outside are prone to 'accidents'.

#22Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2017
  3. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's the whole thing about parking, I think they make paid parking for two main reasons. One, for sure, to collect money. The second, to make people use the public transportation. This last theory falls to ground when I have a ticked for leaving my car parked in front of my home though...