Pajama Jeans

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by BonnyC • Apr 10, 2012.

1. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I love pajamas and I was excited to get the Pajama Jeans. They're pretty darn pricey at 40 bucks. I bought mine on Amazon, but that's the standard price for them. You could probably find some knock-offs for the same or better quality at a lower price.

I'm not 100% happy with them, to be honest. They're really cute and extremely comfortable, but they're really not made to last. After I had them for a week, the Fabric by the seam on the backside was fraying and small holes were forming. From what I hear, their sizing is off, too. I got a large and it fit me fine, but if someone was a bit larger than me (I wear a 14 in jeans), they would not be comfortable in them.

Out of 10 points, I'd give them a 10 for comfort, 8 for appearance, 6 for sizing accuracy and a 3 for durability.

2. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    I have always wondered how those were. I sort of thought about buying some because of the comfort aspect, but seeing as how they are so expensive, I'd hate to spend the money on something that might not last me. Guess I will pass on pajama jeans. Thanks Bonny!

3. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    A coworker of mine has these and she loves them but she has a supermodel body so I wouldn't see this not fitting her. I personally wouldnt purchase these, they dont seem sturdy

4. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have no idea what they are, anyone got any links?

5. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    They are basically sweat pants that are designed to look like jeans. Actually quite silly IMHO. No, I have not tried them, but I don't wear sweat pants when I go out, and when I home, my sweat pants don't need to look like jeans!

6. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    My mom has been thinking about purchasing these. After reading this and reviews online, I'm going to tell her not too! I wouldn't want her to pay for something that doesn't last long! Thank you for sharing!

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Here's the link:

I am guessing they came out with these for people that like to go to the store in their pajamas but needed something that didn't look like pajamas. I was not interested in buying these things or the Snuggie when it came out either. I think I am just getting older and have the "make do with what I have" attitude. I just don't see the purpose in buying something that I really don't need.

8. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    My mother in law got me a knock off snuggie two years or so ago, and I had the same opinion on it at the time. Now, I absolutely love it! It's super warm and cozy and I love having my arms free.

I'll admit, the pajama jeans were an impulse buy after we got our tax refund. At least my experience can help others avoid wasting their money. I don't mind being a guinea pig!

9. LisaC

LisaCNew Member

Threads:
    Mine niece had the same experience with the pajama jeans not lasting, she told me she was so disappointed in them. She loved how they fit and the comfort of them but they started falling apart not long after she bought them. It's too bad they looked like a great idea!

10. cwilson72180

cwilson72180Banned

Threads:
    My mother-n-law wants to try these. Thanks for the review so I can tell her about them not lasting very long. This way she won't waste her money on them. I think they are too expensive!

11. Nanatracyann

NanatracyannNew Member

Threads:
    I seen them also on T.V. and had to have them. Just think, the best of both worlds, pj's and jeans all in one! I found them at Walmart for around $39.00 and thought they were way to pricey for me at the time. I am hoping the price drops. But I might also ad that I felt they were a little to pajama looking, and on the commercial they looked more like jeans...so I will wait for a bargain price...

12. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I have seen these at Walmart in their As Seen On TV section. I haven't bought them because they are so expensive but if they were a lot cheaper I would just to try them out. I can see how they wouldn't last long though, most items that are made that thin would fray and tear. Thanks for the review, I found it really helpful!

13. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    It's disappointing that they tear like that. I was really interested in getting a pair but they always seemed to pricey for me. I wouldn't wear them out though. I'd wear it at the house when I wanted to be comfy.

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I haven't heard of them (the only ads we get from are for kitchen and lose weight now! products), but I have seen the parody they made at 30 Rock :p

tumblr_lnr111hMaZ1qguve2o1_500.

Attached Files:

15. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    That is a innovative idea. I would never personally wear them, but I can see their appeal to those who love their blue jeans. Thanks for the share!

16. Hickorycottage

HickorycottageMember

Threads:
    I might wear them to sleep in, but never out in public. Eeewwww.

17. luvsdragonflies

luvsdragonfliesNew Member

Threads:
    I got a pair of these from my hubby's grandma and they were very comfy and I got complimented on them several times. I am wearing them as maternity pants now* am at a early stage so, not into real maternity clothes* and they are a wonderful and seem to better than wearing bigger normal clothes :)

18. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    The times I've worn my pajama jeans out of the house was when I wasn't leaving the car and would spend the rest of the day in the house. This is when I would take the kids to school since they have a parent pick up/drop off spot and I didn't have to let them out or anything. Of course, I don't do it now that they have those holes in the bottom.

I hadn't thought about it, but they'd make excellent maternity jeans for the early stages!

19. melmac

melmacMember

Threads:
    I saw these on TV and immediately wish I'd had these while I was pregnant, but I couldn't imagine wearing them in public. Do they actually look like jeans as opposed to pajama material? I believe the 10 for comfort, but I'm a little iffy about paying this much for something that I wouldn't get much use for other than sitting in my house. I can wear my old holy sweatpants if I'm going to do that! :)

20. GOKuCommander

GOKuCommanderBanned

Threads:
    They seem very comfortable but if they do tear extremely easy then they aren't worth it.