Pancake Syrup

Discussion in Food & Drink started by chiofthenorns • Oct 9, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    What's your favorite pancake syrup flavor?

My nephew and I were at the grocery the other day, and we bought pancake syrup. I didn't know that I picked up the cinnamon-flavored one. Surprise surprise! I liked the cinnamon one. In fact, I loved it more than the maple flavor.

2. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    A restaurant I go to has a nice pumpkin spice flavor. When buying syrup for myself I always go for tried and true Maple syrup. I use it on pancakes and I also use it a lot for marinades for fish and meat. I wouldn't be able to do that as much with a flavored variety.

3. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I like to make my own strawberry syrup. I just put frozen strawberries in the oven at around 375 degrees Fahrenheit with some sugar, butter, and a little water for about fifteen minutes. You can always add more sugar to taste if it's not sweet enough. I mush the strawberries up a little to extract all of the berry goodness into the syrup at about halfway through the cycle. The commercial ones are just corn syrup and fenugreek and too sweet for me. I'll occasionally buy the "lite" varieties. The real maple syrup kind is delicious, but I can't afford it.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    It used to be marionberry or black berry. I haven't had pancakes in almost a year because I'm gluten free, and honestly I don't miss them. I do not know if I would like any syrup now as I do not eat any sweets, so I have lost the tolerance for sugary things. If I had gluten free pancakes, I would probably put unsweetened apple sauce on them, or just pureed, unsweetened berries, or maybe forget the pureeing and just cut them up. If I wanted something sweet I would put a tiny drizzle of honey on it, as that is the only sweetener I allow myself.