Paper or Electronic Coupons: Which one do you prefer?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by True2marie • May 4, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I've gone back and forth on whether or not I like paper or electronic coupons. Of course, paper coupons are more messy and take time to clip and organize, but 9 times out of 10 they work. Unfortunately, I have not always found this to be the case with electronic coupons. The codes either fail or if you download them onto a rewards card for a particular store, they don't necessarily live up to their value. For this reason, I normally use both in order to save money.

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, considering I only really look for coupons when buying something online I'll opt for the electric coupons. I've never cut them out of newspapers or printed them off to hand in at a shop, I get very red faced when my girlfriend does it.

3. Lostvalleyguy

LostvalleyguyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a lot of coupons when shopping but if I am browsing a store's website, I will print out a coupon if it is something that I will use. I don't bother with third party coupon sites because they tend to be unreliable when it comes to stores honoring the coupons. One place I shop has a $5.00 of any purchase of $50 or more coupon that you can use each time you shop. As I buy meat there, $50 isn't too challenging. Another place has a $10 off on clothing coupon good for once a month and I think it requires $50 or more too. These are coupons for the store itself so they tend to be reliable.

As far as collecting coupons in flyers and other sources, I usually can't be bothered.

4. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    If I had to choose, I would go with electronic coupons. I have never been the type to cut out coupons. However, if a recieve a coupon via email, I'll be glad to use it. Other than that, coupling just isn't my thing.

5. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer an electronic coupon as it is easy for me to keep but I also don't mind to get a paper coupon. The only problem that I have is if I can't claim it online then I tend to forget about the coupon until I reach the expire date and never get to use it again.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer the electronic coupons, despite of them having flaws sometimes. I don't like the paper ones. I often lose them or get mixed up with a lot else. They are hassle, though I think they are more reliable.

7. tmbits

tmbitsNew Member

Threads:
    I used to be strictly paper simply because I'm of the generation that doesn't trust anything online. However after getting a smartphone and trying out a few different apps. I'm leaning more towards electronic now. Both have distinct advantages and equal disadvantages I guess. Paper your always making sure you have them with you, have to make sure dates are ok etc. And electronic, if your not already open then you can look loike a bit of a tool at the cash register. lol