Paperback Book Exchange

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Jan 7, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Check your library for a paperback book exchange. I just found our library has this program. I am going to try to swap out some of my old paperbacks.I may only take one or two of the 3 or 4 I will swap in. I seriously, no joke, need to get rid of some books. At least paperbacks don't take up much room.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That sounds like a fantastic programme, especially if you have a whole stack of books you want to get rid of. I've long stopped reading actual, physical books. Ever since I discovered eBooks and started reading from my Kindle, I haven't bought a single book. In fact, I doubt I'll be going back to buying books. I hope this works for you, Ke Gordon, and that you find suitable books with which to swap yours :)

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't read paperbucks any more because I'd rather not buy any books when the are lots of old classics and even some newer books which you can legally download from the net. The only books I have on my shelves are a number of comics which I wouldn't exchange because I've got some sentimental attachment to them.

I'm curious though @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon, how does the Paperbook exchange work? Is it a book swap or do you give away your books and get some "token" compensation?

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this is similar to the Book Sale at my local library. They sell book at low prices, both hard and soft covers, and have displays out in the hallway that are even further discounted, often 2 or 3 for a dollar. I think the books in the actual room are around a dollar or two. I saw some amazing books there last time I was at the library, but I didn't have any money with me, so passed. I'm not sure if they actually purchase books, I think the ones they sell are donated, but to me at the prices they charge, it's similar enough. Also, I've seen free books on the counters at other libraries, and have taken some and left books I no longer needed.

I still enjoy reading print books. I like to read in the tub, and my tablet is too big (and too valuable to me) to take it into the tub. I ruined an iPod Touch like that before, when it accidentally ended up in the tub, so I keep books I read elsewhere on the tablet, and buy or borrow books to read in the tub. The tub readers are always soft cover, because they weigh less, and I would probably drop a hard cover book into the water, since I have hand and wrist issues.