Parties and more parties

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Gelsemium • Jul 4, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a guy that likes sports, outdoors, going to the beach, relax. My wife loves parties and in the summer it seems that we have a party every single day LOL! Of course it's not every single day, but I am really sick of those parties, whether in a club, a concert or those regional scary summer parties... Are you the party guy or you prefer to avoid them? How do you deal with the party expenses?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm one of those people who prefer to stay away from people. Parties therefore have never been of interest to me and you'd never find me in attendance. Things would be different if there were obligations I had to fulfill, like taking a family out but the absence of such gives me all the freedom I need.

I think the only way to save on party expenses is to not have them at all.

3. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, lucky you I guess Denis. :) My brother in law is a party hater as well so in the lunch next day (we had a family lunch) he smiled at me and said, so you went to the party, like making fun of me, and I said to him, you know when you get married, that part from the "for the better and for the worse"?, so this is the for the worse part lol, could be even worse though. :)

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand parties and the whole commotion of it. Even just thinking about having to attend one, makes me feel uncomfortable. Mind you, I do show up if I am invited to one, for half an hour or so, but that's usually my limit, unless there is a quiet place to sit somewhere, and I am in good company.
    Needless to say that I don't give any parties in my house.

5. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy a good party every now and then but not interested in doing it often. Summer is a good time to get out and have fun with friends but it also can get really expensive and I just can't afford it. My boyfriend, on the other hand, could party and drink every night. He can't seem to get enough of it so it does cause some problems. Financially we just can't keep going at that level.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Parties… meh. On occasion I enjoy a low-key gathering, and that largely depends on the people in attendance. I’m not the sort to throw them myself, so dealing with the expenses is mostly a non-issue for me. The one thing I appreciate is that most parties/gatherings around here are pot luck, so we all feel like we’re contributing.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was never fond of throwing parties. I also don't attend parties unless the majority of the people going there are the ones that I know already. So needless to say, I don't really like those things in general, and eating free food is the only thing that you can gain from it, haha. Our neighbor was like that. When they were alive, both husband and wife bring their whole family to the event, like a business event for example, to feast on the free food, it's embarrassing.