Passive Income Through Investments

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by gracer • Aug 8, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Hi guys! :)

I just thought of opening up about this topic because I just read about it from an investment book which was displayed at a coffee shop I have just visited. The author of the book has emphasized the value of making your money work for you by investing. This way, your money does not just sleep in the bank but it is working on growing itself.

I do have a small amount invested in an insurance company and I still have plans of investing more in the future so that when I grow older and I'm no longer able to work, at least I would have something to fall back on when that time comes.

I'm just curious if you guys also consider investing as a way of earning passive income. Do you also have investments of your own or do you plan on doing it soon?

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Investing in order to receive passive income is a good idea. I have a brick and mortar business and I make some profits every month. Since my investment is small,I make small profits. I have to work hard to make money from my brick and mortar business. I have also invested online and receive passive income every month. I have invested in revenue sharing PTC and a waste recycling program. I don't have to work and without doing anything I make money.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I am working toward it and plan on investing soon. I like the idea of passive income and I really want to do this. Hopefully it will happen along about January.

4. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    Letting your money work for you is the best and smartest investment plan. But I have come to realize that passive income opportunities yield good returns when one invests an appreciable amount of cash. So the best thing is to save over time in a good passive income investment vehicle like premium bonds and mutual funds.

5. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I really want to do this too. I had hope to start investing by this time, but I'll have to push it back a few months because some other things have come up.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I always favor investing. Money saved in a bank account will earn very little interest but if it was invested elsewhere you could get returns of up to 10% or more if you are willing to take more risks. That's why I have an intention of investing in REITs. Returns of 8-14% aren't that bad.

7. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    I love the thought of residual income, it's something that I know every one wants. I don't like working for 40 hours, and knowing that after those hours my money stops coming in.

I seek to make investments in things that will multiply my income over time while I sleep as well. A good idea would be something like google adsense, and using that with a blog. I write articles, and setup and account with google to make money overtime with adsense.

If I get decent traffic monthly and continue blogging, then I can make money while I sleep from ad clicks. I like that thought because I don't need to wkr lots of hours to do that. There are other methods, but as long as you put your mind to it, you can succeed.

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I have invested in treasury bonds issued by the government and for me, this is one of the safest ways to earn passive income on your money. The rate is not that much but at least you don't have to worry about stock fluctuations. I also consider my income from my utility vehicle business as a source of passive income because I put in very little effort but I get to earn a modest amount.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    One cool way to invest and earn passively is doing a term fixed deposit in bank. If the rate is fine it can serve as one good means for a passive income. Online, a decent pool of referrals to sites that pay members for referrals is also a means of a passive earning.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At present, our only investment is our home because real estate increases in value over time. We have some money in the bank but we do not entertain the notion of investing in business much more in bonds or stocks because we do not know anything about it. For us, it is safer for the money to be in the bank than to be invested in a scheme that is not clear to us.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I happened to come across a topic about investing and saving money. It is being presented for the readers to decide which is the best, either investing money or saving money. Both of them have advantages and disadvantages. Investing money has received many votes and reasons why it is a sound way of earning money. I do agree with them. However, it depends on the kind of business which the prospective investor to join. I have just retired from the government service. I am planning to invest some portion of my retirement pays to a passive investment plan or business.

12. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Investing sometimes depends on the stage you are in life. Some of us young people always think about spending and we only invest later in life. Investing your money is the best way to handle your cash. However, you should do a proper homework on where you're investing to avoid fraudsters and pyramid schemes.

13. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    My utility vehicle business is a source of passive income as I can earn money from it without actually driving the vehicle. Other than that, I'm a conservative investor by nature. I've invested on government treasury bonds, an investment opportunity presented by a trusted bank. I am quite not ready to invest on the stock market as it's so unstable these days and earnings, if any, might not even be enough to pay for investment charges/expenses. My assets are also not that liquid since they consist mostly of the utility vehicle, a small car, and our home,

14. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Investing in houses and buying lands, real estate investment is what one should be interested in there is enough money to pursue. This properties appreciate withy time. A friend once told me a piece of land which his dad got 20 years ago upon resale last year it was sold for over 1000 times the cost as at that twenty years ago.

15. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    @gracer@gracer I have tried and tried, and tried again, to do this. It has just never worked out well for me in any case. It seems that you really need to know about investments, portfolios, and so many other things these days----to even get a foot in the door. Nothing is ever guaranteed and there is usually more loss and risk than there is gradual reward.

#15Dec 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017