Patch?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Jul 24, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a friend who says they'll never wear clothes that have a patch on them. So even if there clothes have only a small hole in them and repairing it would save him the money he'd spend on new clothes, he'll not have the clothes repaired.

Would you wear patched up clothes? Or would you like this person think they [patched up clothes] would give people the wrong impression that you aren't that rich? In any case it was fashionable not too long ago to wear ripped and patched up clothes.

2. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that it totally would depend on each person, and also on what the clothes were going to be worn for. I can understand a person who has to dress professionally not wanting to have even a small patch on their clothes; but on the other hand, someone who works at a job where they get clothes torn and scraped and dirty anyway, might just as well patch up the clothes and wear them for as long as possible.
    I know that I have had jeans that were just SO comfortable, that I hated to give them up, even when they were about threadbare, and I did mend rips as long as there was enough fabric to hold the mend.
    The things that I just wear out gardening or around the house would be fine if patched, as well.
    Another thing that probably comes into play here, is whether the person is someone who buys clothes and wears them until they are worn out, or whether they like to have new clothes each season. If that is the case, then a rip would just be a good excuse to buy a new outfit.

3. MomOfThree1980

MomOfThree1980New Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't like patches on most items. Jeans maaaaybe depending on the look. It really depends on the material (ie trousers/business skirts vs casual jeans/denim skirts) and the person. Some love patches some absolutely despise them. Yes it makes sense to just patch them up but if you aren't going to feel comfortable in them and wear them then it's pointless.

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have worn patch clothing but usually just for work. Something new I have seen that I really like at a store called, 'The Purple Door Store' is 'Patchwork clothing'. The maker applies pieces of fabric like say in the shape of a flower, and sews it onto the shirt or dress. There is an example of what I mean on a Veterans site on sale for $42.00:

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The only way I would wear a patched clothing is if it was a pair of jeans which had previous patch works on it. This way, I would be able to incorporate a patch and blend it in with the previous ones. Otherwise, I believe that patches on my clothes would probably be unsightly.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the hole is small and can be sewn then I will just sew it. But a patch on a shirt? I don't think so, it will just draw attention to that spot. If I had a shirt that has a big hole, then I will just use it as a "house clothes."

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's just crazy LOL I have a few clothes with holes with them, but I do still wear them. I mean, obviously, I'd never wear them to work or if I were going to a special event. But I certainly wear them around the house and use them as lounge wear. Depending on how big of a hole or holes it was, I might even wear them nipping out to the stores. I mean, like sidney says, if I can patch up the hole, I'll do it and nobody needs to know it was ever there LOL.

8. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something amazing.