Patio Door !!!

Discussion in Home & Garden started by jerrrythomas • Jan 28, 2016.

1. jerrrythomas

jerrrythomasNew Member

Threads:
    Hi guys I live in edmonton and I am planning to get my doors and windows replaced. And hence I leafed through a lot many blogs and reviews. Many says hinged patio door are best , some sliding patio door are the best and the list goes on . I have already spoke to door replacement services fixed quote on sliding doors but before I go ahead , I felt it would be better to Diy and see whats suggestions you guys have to offer .Please put forward your valuable suggestions regarding the same

#1Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Edmonton is in Canada with a cold winter, so I think that you got to get something that can keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Living in Hawaii we have hinges everywhere, but the coldest that we get here is in the upper 60's.

3. jerrrythomas

jerrrythomasNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks Isobe for your suggestion. I have already spoke with Canglow doors and Windows and finalized. Thankyou so much

#3Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our front door is a sliding glass door while our back door that goes to the backyard is the hinged type for the screen that has an automatic close lever (it closes slowly). For convenience, the hinged screen door is great and easier to use since no need for the hands when going out. However, the glass door is elegant and it enhances the look of our house.

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I live in Ottawa and all the patio doors I know are sliding. A sliding door gives you a nice option to put in a screen so you can still get a breeze in through the house and it's a great way to keep the bugs out. I find my kids are more apt to close a sliding screen door than close the back door. Sliding patio doors also give you a larger entry way to the house so if you need to move in a big piece of furniture this would allow it.