Pay For Pet Grooming Services?

Discussion in Pets started by Denis Hard • May 20, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone recently asked me this question: how much are you willing to spend on pet grooming services?

I told him I don't spend any money on pet grooming and he was kind of surprised. How hard is it to wash your pet? Making your pet look good is pretty easy and even if you don't know how it's done, learning how it's done isn't that hard.

Not convinced? For dog owners who use grooming services before you spend another penny you need to take a look at the article linked to below:

2. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Some people indulge their pet with professional groomings and extravagant pet toys and that's totally fine as long as they're happy and they have the budget.

3. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    The issue for some, like myself is the kind of hair that the dog has. We hate the cost of grooming, but the prospect of cutting our own dog's hair is daunting. He has long curly hair that is in several layers. We know someone with the same breed who mangled their dog's hair cut when they tried on their own. It's hard enough to bath the guy every few weeks, let's alone make him stand there while we try to cut his hair!

To each his own though. I'm sure it's much easier to groom short haired dogs in general.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We'd rather spend our money on pet shots and vaccinations since our 2 dogs are pure bred. I think the only time that you will need to hire someone to groom your pet is when they belong to long haired breeds like Poodle for example.

5. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I would never pay for pet grooming on the pets that I have at the moment, but part of the reason for that is because of the fact that they are quite easy to take care of myself. If I had animals with longer fur that needed special treatment then I may have to think again, but the fact is at the moment that it is something that I can cope with on my own, and I will certainly be doing this as it is the best way to save money.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We've only recently had those services available to us nearby and I'm not sure I'd trust them that much as I've already heard some instances where the dogs were injured. I'd much rather just bathe the dog myself since I don't consider it that much of a chore anyway and I don't like the idea of my dog beings scared by strangers handling him anyway. Maybe if I found the right one I'd warm up to the idea but for the most part I think I'd much rather just do it myself.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to bring my 3 dogs to the grooming salon at least once a month. The cost is $10 per dog. It's all right with me to spend that much for my dogs. However, we noticed ticks and fleas that cling to our dogs whenever we would come home from the salon. That made me stop and think. Now, I bathe my dogs at home and I also do the trimming of their coat. My only problem is one of my dogs who hates the nail cutter. But other than that, I am comfortable with the weekly bathing of our dogs.

8. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I would prefer if my dog got groomed, but the $54 a month got too expensive. So I paid $40 for a grooming razor and started doing it myself. I am getting better each time and i keep the cut simple. I have avoided alot of expense by doing this.

9. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    The only thing I have a hard time doing it clipping my pets nails. She refuses to let me, and runs from me when I try. Other then this I was and clean her ears myself. Sometimes in the colder winter months I get her groomed because she is too big to wash in the bathtub and it is too cold outside.

10. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    Luckily, my two dogs are short fur and don't really take too much effort with grooming. They get a bath every so often, more so in the hotter weather with baby shampoo. I sprinkle lavender oil where they sleep as it repels fleas. It rubs over their body while they move about in their sleep.