Pay It Forward Friday

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Rosyrain • Oct 16, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I feel so blessed and happy this morning. The postal delivery people put my mail in one of my neighbors mailboxes the other day and I was expecting a couple of checks to arrive. My neighbor ended up bringing my mail to me this morning and the checks were there, and I needed the money badly. I then was running late for work and did not have time to make a pot of coffee and so I stopped by my favorite espresso stand. My barista commented that she had not seen me in a while and I replied that I was pinching pennies because we are saving up to by a house. Another lady that was there from the local Costco I guess overheard me and apparently paid for my drink, without my knowing it. It was the sweetest thing. If you get a chance, pay it forward today and make someone's day feel special.

2. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love paying it forward. I'm not able to do so monetarily right now, but I like to do it in other ways, such as letting people cut in line (not when it's going to cause a problem, or negatively affect others, of course), holding doors, offering to pick something up for a friend or neighbor if I'm going to a certain location they like, etc. Congratulations on saving up, I hope y'all are able to get a good deal on a nice house.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    It's amazing how such little acts of kindness can have such a huge impact. I'm so glad you were able to experience this. We can never tell how someone's day is going. Just being kind can go so far! Thanks for sharing your story. It put a smile on this face today!

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What we may call a little act of kindness may be a big thing to another person, you just never know. That person may have just received bad news and had no one to talk to and that act of kindness was like a big hug to them. I also do acts of kindness as often as I can because I strongly believe that people get what they give and I want as many acts of kindness as I can get.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that you can really make someone's day by just doing something very small. It does not even have to cost you anything. You can be a good person and just greet a random stranger and ask them how their day is going. As we go into the holiday season, I am going to try to do at least one kind thing for someone everyday.