Paying credit card at 100%

Discussion in Credit Cards started by caparica007 • Sep 23, 2013.

1. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I really hate spending what I don't have, it makes me feel uncomfortable. That is why I have I pay my credit card at 100%, what I spend credit in one month in the next month I pay it all. In this way I pay 0% interests to my bank and I can control my expenses. How many of you pay your credit card like this?

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I do when I can, but if I'm just going to keep paying out cash, then I'd rarely use the card and just spend cash, unless the card has some kind of 1% back or a benefit beyond just "building credit."

3. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    It's not worth the security risk to even bother using the card if you are going to pay it off at 100%. That is unless you are trying to build up your credit rating. Keep in mind that if you don't carry a balance the credit issuer can close the card and is even more likely to close the card. It's an evil game.

4. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I do it when I can. But unfortunately I ran into a problem where I put a plane ticket on the card, and haven't been able to pay it off. And couldn't use it. And trying to fight the ins company. It sucks! And its looming over my head. I hate credit cards.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only spend what I have.

6. polybus

polybusNew Member

Threads:
    I always pay off my credit card in full every month. If I do not have enough money to pay for the item then I just do not buy it and wait until I have saved up enough money. If you can help it you should really not be paying interest on credit cards, the interest rate is just too high.

The only reason I use my credit card at all is for the travel points.

7. jcairns82

jcairns82Member

Threads:
    I only use credit cards to earn points or money, so I definitely pay them off at full. If I can't afford it, then I don't buy it. I really like that I can purchase an item and then I don't have to pay for another month and a half. Recently, I switched to a cash back card and so it's been great to literally be paid to use my card.

8. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    Mmm, I only have one credit card and it's from my bank, so I don't think they will cancel it. It's a service they provide, it's useful, but I don't want to lose any money with it.

9. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I always spend the amount of money on my card that I know I will be able to pay back at the end of the month. This is also really good for building up your credit rating!

10. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I don't use a credit card right now. I only use debit cards and pay for things by cash. I would only use credit cards if they had some cashback incentives, as mentioned by Sugar Hill. I prefer not even bother using them at all.