Paying For Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by kjonesm1 • Apr 4, 2015.

1. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Like you, I never pay for apps. All of the apps I have downloaded are free. If there is a particular app that I am looking to add that costs money, I wait to see if it will have a promo offer. Sometimes apps that usually cost something will be free for a small window of time, this is especially true for educational and office apps. Also, Amazon sometimes offers free gaming apps that usually cost something, but when offered through Amazon they're free!

2. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I won't ever pay for apps, because as you say there is usually a free version of whatever app you're looking to pay for at the time. It seems to be a waste of money anyway, because a lot of the things like the game apps only actually get used for a short time before you're bored of them and would rather move onto something else, which just seems like a bit of a shame really. So no, I won't ever pay for apps, because I think that it is a great waste of money to do so.

3. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I never pay for apps either. To my shame, but for the happiness of my wallet, if I cannot find a free equivalent of the app I need, I will get it for free by pirating it. Spending money or virtual applications which you most likely won't use very much is a bad idea.

4. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I never pay for apps either. I believe that every paid app on the app store has its respective free counterpart that does the exact same thing although with a few kinks. I'm not that picky when it comes to the apps I download and as long as it does the job its supposed to, it's totally fine with me even if it's not as great as its paid counterpart.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not only with apps but also with other software. Although we have a licensed anti-virus as a gift from a friend, we never buy a software license as long as the free software can do the job. With the phone, I also play with some games like Candy Crush but I don't intend to pay for the app. However, there was one time I paid for an app when my phone was new, out of excitement, I played Walt Disney's Where's My Water. The free version got me hooked so I paid for the full version. But that's the last.

6. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I don't usually pay for apps at all, I feel like there's always a nice a free alternative to each one that I use. What I do is sometimes donate to the developer a dollar or two, if I feel like they are doing a nice job at adding new features and being active in communities and so.

7. rikka

rikkaMember

Threads:
    For Whatsapp, I took advantage of the free one year before they even charge me next year. I will just uninstall it because my friends and I already have a group chat on Facebook.

For the most part, I don't use paid apps. I only utilize a certain number of apps for drawing or games, and I get to use them for free. It's better than paying for an app when the free apps can deliver me services just as much as the paid apps can.

8. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    All the apps I get are free and I will not pay for an app. There are too many free ones out there and I don't think that apps are better just because you have to pay for them. I would not want to pay for an app and then not like it. You can't get your money back and I just don't have the money to spend on them anyway. I guess it would have to be a very good app that I like and would use all the time but even then I might hesitate to pay for one.

9. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I have never paid for an app and I use a lot of them. I just feel like it isn't worth spending money on. I know some people do, but it's something I can't see myself doing right now. Who knows, maybe in the future there might be an app that I'm willing to pay for, but right now....I think not.