Paying For Games Is A Waste Of Money

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by luri • Aug 16, 2017.

1. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    yes, that's right, spending money on a game is just a waste of money. Perhaps, you enjoy gaming, however, there are lots of free games available and you don't have to spend even a dime. There are other better ways to use money instead of spending on games.

2. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I can agree to some extent, but not completely. Paying for the game, helps raise revenue required to fund the developer, and also in improving the graphics. These people, work hard to ensure we have used our leisure time productively and with a lot of fun. Therefore I also think it's good on our side, to extend a hand of gratitude, by supporting them financially.

Also, paying for the game helps you take it more seriously, so as to get value for your money. What I think on my part, is that they should not charge too highly, as most games are played by children, who have not started earning yet.

3. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    If there is a silly way to waste money, spending money on video games is one of them. But the curious fact is that if it is a game that I like very much, I pay without major problems.

It's like a werid guilty pleasure for me. :p

4. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with this. I would rather spend my money on essential things than games. If I want to play games, there are so many free games available that are great. I consider paying for games an unnecessary expenditure. And some of the games are so expensive!

5. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's waste of money. In fact some of the games which are designed for mind are worth paying for. I know one app named Lumosity. This app is having lot of games which are good for the brain. As you can see those apps are definitely helping the people who have habit of forgetting stuff. So I think some apps are worth paying for.

6. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    For me, paying for games is a waste of money because I'm not a serious gamer and when I do play games, they're mostly the free variety. But then, so is paying for movies, taking the kids to entertainment or amusement centers, or spending weekend at a resort. If these are my guilty pleasures, I'd assume that other have theirs, too, and gaming might be one of them. My nephews are in their teens and a game doesn't cost that much but goes a long way in entertaining them and giving them a way to bond at home. My sister would rather have them playing at home than outside where they might run into bad influence or undesirable situations. There are free games, yes, but they're not that exciting for teens. They prefer multi-player games with lots of action and great graphics. They've also outgrown board games. Personally, I'd prefer to see them playing together rather than being absorbed on their tablets or smartphones.

7. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    There are much better ways of spending your free time than staring at a monitor playing computer games, And to even think of buying one, I would agree that it's really a waste of money. But if it's free, then maybe I will be tempted to try one and see for myself why people are so hook into playing computer related games.

8. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think so this is right every time. Yes sometimes people may be spending unnecessarily. But not all the time. I don't used to spend on every game, but yes in which I am really interested sometime purchasing is kind of worth. Gaming is part of our entertainment and enjoyment. So yes sometimes it is worthy. But yes spending too much behind all the game can be waste of money.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I won't say it is a complete waste of money because playing games actually improve your brain and thinking ability. There are so many games designed for this which are worth paying for. Plus what we pay is the revenue for the gaming industry which goes as salary for the game developers and people working behind the screens in bringing out the awesome games. So, if you like a game and it is worth playing there is nothing wrong with buying them. :)

10. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    Spending games on mobile apps, it is just tip of the iceberg my friend. I have seen ways men would spend money related to games. Not Just the game it self, also the accessories for a certain character. They are will to spend thousand upon thousands of real money to have that attached to their character. Why? They want to be one of the baddest in the game.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    In my experience you can almost always find what you want for free, or a free version or something similar. Lately those .io programs are getting pretty popular.

12. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    For me it would be a waste as I would hardy play the game because of lack of time and well now I have lost interest. I Guess if one is a hardcore gamer it would kind of be exceptable as they will actually take advantage of the time played. I personally neve bought a game and I don't think I ever will, well at least for myself I don't.

13. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    No, and a definitive no, when you buy a game you are supporting the company behind it, you pay for their hard rework and dedication.

14. PAYAKNAPAGIISIP

PAYAKNAPAGIISIPActive Member

Threads:
    As of now, it is a waste of time to buy games because there are lots of free games available on the internet. If you just know where to look or who to ask, you can have free games. A forum site whom I am a member at game me a site where I could download StarCraft free. Also, why waste money on something you would eventually grow tired of. Games are exciting when they are brand new but in the long run, especially if you have played it a couple of times, your just going to look for something new game to play. For me, I'd rather play something that is free rather than pay for it.

15. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, and there are actually a lot of games that can be downloaded for free, and they are also equally entertaining as well, so no need to waste money buying one, right? I certainly won't waste money on such games like Candy Crush.

16. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    It is not a waste of money if it's a full game with no micro transactions and adds which is what free games have. It is also not a waste of money if you stream it in Twitch where you can make lots of money. I get a big savings from games by buying them on their special edition or complete edition so I won't need to buy dlc. I usually wait for a year before buying the game.

I like games with deep storyline and quality voice acting. Something I won't get from free games.

17. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I totally agree with you, paying for games is a waste of money. I usually download free games from the Internet, and in some cases when I like a game very much I wait until II can download it from a discount, or I take it from a friend who has already bought it.

18. Kieranlewix

KieranlewixMember

Threads:
    Paying to buy games is actually a part of the thrill for some gamers. I have a friend who buy games the day they are released.I am a gamer too but unlike him,I am not the spend as you earn type.I'd rather wait for him to buy the game and play it too.This applies for games that you play on a gaming console like a Play Station.For the phone games I find it better to just download from Google Play store rather than pay for them.

19. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    It is not a waste of money if you earned a lot of money after streaming it to Twitch. Streaming on Twitch is a better source of income that most depressing jobs these days.

Also games with replay value is worth your money because of all the endorphin and positive hormones they produced to your body while you are being entertained. A game have more replay value than a movie.

20. Recharde

RechardeNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think it waste money. Likes eating, shopping, game also is an entertainment. As for me , I ever spent about $80 to purchase FIFA 18 Ultimate Team 12000 Points XBOX ONE at Nokeys.com. Is it too expensive? At least I think it's worth, this game make me happy in busy life.