Paying For Mobile Apps Through Your Service Provider

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Oct 21, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people don't realize that you can pay for your mobile apps through your wireless company. When you use the Google Play Store, Google Wallet allows you to bill app purchases directly to your wireless service bill. There are safeguards in place to protect you from unauthorized app purchases, but it's a nice way to take care of app purchases and in-app purchases by adding them to your cell phone bill. It gives you a couple weeks to pay the cost off, too.

2. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    Thanks, I was not aware of this. Some cell phone apps can be pretty pricey but it's nice to know I can add the cost to my cell bill. This definitely comes in handy when buying books and movies from the play store because the books and movies are expensive.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I think I have heard of this, but I don't recall ever being on a carrier that provided the service for me. I probably wouldn't do it this way though. There are so many data breaches that I think I would prefer just getting a Google Play card and leaving it on my account an going from there.

4. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    Mobile Payment Methods

Mobile payment methods are not regulated in the same way retails and stores are. Some of the technologies being used are still experimental and regulations usually come after the technology has been experiencing enough feedback from real users. In other threads we read about many types of payment methods, like NFC, Google Pay, and others.

I didn't know about this payment method, although I have been asking around about this. Right now, I am not clear about paying through the wireless company. I have not been hearing more of this type of payment option, so I wouldn't encourage paying via wireless method to be the primary one we use to pay for our apps and in-app purchases.

But people do like to have choices for their purchases, and from apps they could move on to making other purchases. Anything from socks to real estate. I'd have to learn about the method if I want to start using it.

5. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I was never aware of this as it is quite a very easy to do your purchases without actually using your credit cards. I think it is quite important that there are different ways to make your purchases so that you feel really safe about doing online purchases.