Paying for tickets with Prepaidcards?

Discussion in Travel started by hellspawn • Aug 19, 2013.

1. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    Is there anyone who has ever paid for tickets with prepaid cards?
    I a big fan of paying with prepaid cards but i was wondering if there is a way to pay for tickets with them?
    Anyone?

2. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    hmmm what kind of tickets are you looking to buy??
    And what kind of Prepaid card do you have? That also plays a rather big role as to where you can buy tickets because not all PP cards are accepted on all ticket sites!
    You could start by looking at the HP of the prepaid card you are using - they usually have a nice overview of the services they offer and the platforms that support them - at least that is the case with the paysafecard, in my opinion the biggest player in PP cards.

3. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    Actually i was referring to plane tickets. I use Psc quite a lot for all my games, but i heard you could also buy plane tickets.
    Yeah, i will have a look on their website again, maybe i overlooked something? Cause i searched already but i want able to find an airline that accepts PP-cards.

4. dafriend

dafriendNew Member

Threads:
    Im not sure if it is stated on their website, but i did some research and found an

from 2009 (not the most recent, but never the less) stating, "paysafecard group have teamed up to offer travelers a safe and easy way to pay for their flights on the Internet."

5. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've used prepaid cards for buying plane tickets and as long as its visa or mastercard there should be no issues. I've had no luck paying hotel reservations with prepaid cards though, the hotels really do require credit cards. I'm sure Jetblue honors prepaid cards but if other airlines don't honor prepaid cards you can probably use paypal instead if its an online payment. What you can do is register your prepaid card to your paypal account. Then use paypal to pay for your plane ticket. Paypal will then deduct the cost from your debit card. Hope this works for you.

6. hellspawn

hellspawnNew Member

Threads:
    @dafriend : thx for the article. atleast i know that Brussels airlines would accept paysafecard, it seems to be the only one as far as i know, they should really update their homepage on that.

@trishgl : I have only used PSC untill now and as far as i know i can`t register that one to Paypal. So Visa or mastercard have pre-paid options? I have to look into that, if it works the same and is just as
    safe as the card i use now, that might also be an option.