Paying to call support?

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by Peninha • Sep 30, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    That's very strange, how can they charge a customer for help with their own service?
    Do they charge you when you call from your home phone or just from a mobile phone? Even then it's unacceptable if the mobile provider is the same company...

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They charge if I can from their mobile phone and also if I call from my landline, who is from them as well. More, they change the price of those calls and they don't communicate it properly, they just say the information about prices is in the site, not even a direct link. Horrible from them!

3. RobertNick

RobertNickMember

Threads:
    If you call to the company that you have a contract with, the call should be free, it's a normal thing to do, I never understood why they make their own customers pay for tech support. It should be paid only when you call to a third party support line, one that isn't contract bound to you.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was appalled back when I had Comcast, when they offered to transfer me to 'tech support' and told me there'd be a charge. This was to fix my system, so I could actually stream movies from upstairs to the blu-ray player downstairs. This is not a huge house, and it should have worked automatically, with no adjustments. I ended up changing providers. This one's not much better, but at least I can stream from one floor to the other. I know this is an old post I'm replying to, but I hear nothing lately in real life and on social media but complaints regarding poor service and additional fees, so am reviving it.

5. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It shouldn't, no. It sounded like a scam / ripoff to me, so I said no thanks, I'll figure it out myself, and then switched providers when I could. I got the impression it was one of the 'independent contractors' I was talking to, and he was going to transfer me to a friend/family member 'independent contractor', drumming up some business for a buddy.

6. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live, calls toward support are given without any cost, because it's included in the price. Before being included, the price gap was around $1, so it doesn't truly bother me, as I will probably require support for about 1 hour which I would pay for $20 normally, but with the package my TV and Internet provider offers me, I save $19, which is more than convenient.
    However, it isn't all honey and milk, because the training of the employees who talk to you has decreased considerably, but it's ok overall, as I don't require nuclear physics answers to my inquiries.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    This doesn't make any sense at all.

Look, if someone needs to call support then there's clearly a problem on the product of the company which shows that the problem is on their end and not on yours. They should provide a toll-free number and if I were you, drop their product, write a negative review about their service and slap it on their page so that everyone can see. Make it viral if you want to ensure that they'll change their freakin support service.

8. jamiew23

jamiew23Member

Threads:
    I think paying for support is crazy! If you're paying for a service anyway support should come free! Why should you give them more money especially when the fault might be down to their product and not your fault!