Payless Shoes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Adeal4u • May 3, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I remember as a kid I had to wear Payless shoes, and I was always embarrassed. These shoes just don't last a long time. I give about a good 2 weeks, before you start to see some wear and tear. It's almost like they're made out of cardboard.

Does anyone still buy shoes from here, and has your experience been a good one?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I had the opposite actually. I was always excited to get shoes from Payless instead of ones you could get from Walmart or Kmart. Shoe shopping options were very limited where we were, so a lot of kids wore similar shoes and it was something -more- special to have Payless shoes and they last a lot longer than ones from the various 'Marts.

That being said, yeah, they're not nearly as good of quality as name brands from other lines. I still occasionally buy from there, but only when they have major sales or end of season clearances. I won't buy anything that feels like it's cardboard or -that- cheap either.

3. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, I use Payless when I want to buy new Gym shoes.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy flats at Payless. Payless Shoes has changed over the years. Now, they carry very fashionable and stylish shoes. My main problem with them is that don't wear cheap heels. Flats are a different story, but I never wear plastic heels.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't been there since I was a kid, so the quality may have changed. I might stop by and take your suggestions to find a new pair of shoes. As a kid it really made me to where I didn't want to shop at Payless. Do people know that you're not wearing name brand shoes? Have any of you received comments about your shoes before?

6. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Payless sells decent shoes. I buy my kids Airwalks from Payless- they are cute! I sometimes get their sandals there too because they have cute options. When your kids are going from size to size in a matter of months, it doesn't make sense to buy $30 shoes every time.

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    It's funny you should consider Payless as cheap, because when I was little we only went to Payless maybe two or three times a year. Once at the beginning of the new school semester and then once for Easter. The shoes usually lasted a fairly long-time. Of course in better years instead of Payless we went to Sneakers because they had great sales on namebrand shoes.

8. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I actually always buy shoes from Payless for both myself and children. the shoes I purchase there always seem to last a good while. I cannot recall a time where shoes from pay less only lasted a brief period of time.

9. MasterProX

MasterProXMember

Threads:
    I used to buy shoes from there a while ago, but now I've started going to Big 5 to buy my shoes. They don't have a wide enough of a selection for me at Payless Shoes. At least, not anymore.

10. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I bought a pair of green crocodile fake patent leather pointy toe flats there 5 years ago that I wear all the time - at least once a week - and they're still in good shape and I get 2 to 3 compliments on them every single time I wear them. Often from complete strangers. The same for a pair of fake patent deep red Mary Janes with a kitten heel I bought at the same time. I've been buying from them for years. Oh, and I got those two pairs at one of the buy one get one half off sales. I paid less than $30 for both together. I'm a diehard Payless fan and have lots of other shoes from there. That said, some seasons/years I don't buy anything because their styles change and I wear wide shoes and sometimes I don't like anything they have. It's like a hunt at a thrift store. But when you hit treasure it's great.;)

11. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I used to get all my shoes from Payless Shoe Source when I was a child however I still buy some shoes there. If its a shoe I need for a one time event I will purchase it there like flats for an Easter Party or shoes for a graduation event. Mostly I shop where there is a bargain. They do have very cute sandals there but the quality isnt the best on all the shoes. It is a great place for kids shoes since they fly through them anyway.

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have had pretty good luck with Payless over the years. I just don't expect their shoes to last for more than a year. I had four kids and when they were growing up, I went to Payless ALOT! The kids usually outgrew the shoes faster than the shoes wore out. As an adult, I do have very small feet and have had problems finding dress boots in the fall that fit me good. I can almost always find a nice pair at Payless, though.

13. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I love Payless. That is where I usually buy all of my shoes. They have such cute styles for low prices. This will sound strange, but I love the way the store smells when I walk in. They also have some great sales and deals. The BOGO is one of my favorites. I take my daughter in with me when those sales are on, and we both end up getting a nice pair of shoes for a nice price.

14. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It was the same with us. Payless was the place for cheap shoes that weren't expected to (and didn't need to) last long. I feel like now, being an adult, it's usually not worth it anymore, partially because the prices seem to be steadily increasing. That being said, I bought a pair of shoes from Payless about two summers ago, and wore them out until they broke, fixed them with some glue from the hardware store, and kept wearing them. They're all ready to go for this summer, haha!

15. AlwaysAMama

AlwaysAMamaActive Member

Threads:
    I like Payless but the prices are getting up there and the quality is just so-so. I have 5 kids so for me it makes better sense to hit up Shoe carnival on their BOGO sales and get my kids a pair of Nikes or New Balances for the school year. When I get name brand I usually only have to buy 1 pr a year compared to 2-3 cheap pairs.

16. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I bought my current shoes from there, and they're in somewhat bad shape. They have a lot of creases, and they are starting to tear... The outside is very worn, and on the inside of the right foot shoe, the inside is starting to rip...

17. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    Payless is like shopping at the Dollar Tree.It may look good once, but do not expect it to last long;and $40 is way too much for anything they have to offer there, I would put that money into gas to drive somewhere else to get a better quality shoe, or shop online.

18. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Payless is the place for me when it comes to buying sandals. I've bought many pairs there and they've lasted for years. I also like the style and prices for the sandals they have there. But when it comes to sneakers I don't shop at Payless. I'd rather go out and buy a bigger brand name for a bit more money since I know it would last longer. I remember I bought sneakers at Payless once and it did not even last for that long. I wasn't expecting it to since I didn't pay a lot but still, I hate shoe shopping so I'd prefer to not have to shop for them so frequently.

19. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    As a kid, I usually got my shoes at Payless. I actually looked forward to shopping there. A couple years ago I got some wedges from Payless and they still look great and are in nearly perfect shape. One pair of sandals lasted about three years until the strap broke off. These days I don't shop at Payless, but I'm not going to say they are complete junk.

20. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I like some Payless shoes, but not all of them. I have never had a problem with them lasting tho. The only problem I have found is their selection is limited for me, I am a size 11 so most stores are a little more limited for me. My girls have gotten sandals from there and they lasted longer then any Walmart shoes, my kids are rough on shoes too.