Payless Shoes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Adeal4u • May 3, 2012.

1. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    You should take a picture of those green crocodile shoes. I would love to see how well they're holding up. After five years there must be some wear and tear, or I could be wrong. They could be in great condition, because I never had a pair of Payless shoes last that long.

2. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    The only shoes I buy from Payless are kids' shoes (like sandles, flip-flops, etc.). I don't expect them to last long, which is fine, because kids outgrow shoes so fast. The shoes from places like Payless, I think, are less embarrassing for kids now because they look just as cute and stylish as more expensive brands. They just aren't made as well, which young kids couldn't care less about. Back when I was a kid, cheap shoes acutally LOOKED cheap. I remember my mom buying me the ugliest shoes for gym class because she didn't want to spend a lot on shoes I was only wearing for gym. They were hideous, LOL. Thank God the look has at least improved.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I have never been able to wear a pair of shoes that comes from Payless. It is something wrong with the shoe manufacturer or something. They always hurt my feet and I had to throw them away. The leather is not good and they have poor quality manufacturing. A shoe is suppose to be comfortable on the feet and not hurt, but it do burn my feet and I just throw them out. I have never bought another pair from them in 12 years or longer. Sorry Payless - Bad quality!

4. gidget

gidgetNew Member

Threads:
    I have never had a problem with Payless shoes and have bought from there pretty frequently through the years.

5. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I would have to say Payless has changed over the years. First off their prices are pretty high. I have seen shoes in their store for $50.00 so Payless has come a long way regarding how cheap their shoes use to cost. I wouldn't purchase sneakers for my son from there but I have purchased him dress shoes from there and they have held up very well. I have also purchased a few pairs of high heel shoes from there, some flats and a pair of rain boots. The few items I purchased were fashionable and the prices were okay. However, regarding their selection overall I do not think they have such a large abundance of nice shoe selections for women to choose from. Payless is not the first place I would go when looking to buy a nice pair of shoes for myself but if I just so happen to find something good out of there I will buy it.

6. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I used to do Payless a lot when I was in high school/college. I could afford their stuff then, and it lasted for as long as it was supposed to, I guess. The last time I went to Payless, I spent $25 for some cheap non leather shoes, I could've gotten leather shoes for roughly the same price at a discount store or a clearance sale. The prices are going up for what you get. They don't seem to have a good variety in my size anymore.

7. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I was embarrassed to wear Payless as a child too. Looking back on it, I'm embarrassed that I was even embarrassed over something so foolish. Obviously, the quality is not great, but I bought a pair of work shoes that I was able to wear for six months. I wore the shoes about three times a week. I don't shop there often because the prices are higher. I like Marshall's now because the quality is high and the prices are very fair.

8. imokaye

imokayeMember

Threads:
    I'm afraid we don't have that brand here in my country, or maybe I'm just not aware of it. The only Payless brand I know about is not shoes but instant noodles. LOL.
    Those shoes you are talking about seems to have poor quality. Maybe that's why you Payless, 'coz the quality is less also. ;)

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I have bought shoes from Payless in the past and I never had any issue with any of them. No matter what store you go into, you need to know what you are doing. Payless has plenty of well made shoes and there are more expensive, brand name stores that have plenty of cheap shoes.

Some people just don't know how to determine quality clothing and shoes.

10. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I buy shoes for my kids at payless all the time. I find that they hold up very well. They usually grow out of them before they wear out. Besides Payless sells all brands of shoes.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Kids tend to get embarrassed about silly things sometimes. I was embarrassed when I was a kid that we always had payless shoes, even though I literally didn't know of anywhere else to buy shoes.

12. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I like Payless, especially when I'm in dire need of flats and flipflops. I have to agree that they usually don't last for a long time, but it's okay because sometimes you get tired of wearing the same shoe all over again and by the time the shoe wears out, it's a good excuse to buy a new one :p

13. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    I used to shop at Payless a lot when I was a kid. Now, I haven't shopped there in years. I think the last time I shopped at Payless was when I was 19. I shop mostly at footlocker now. For dress shoes, I shop at Zappos, or Macy's.

14. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    The selection is pretty bad, but I don't think I've ever bought shoes there that didn't last at least a year. Then again, I also don't expect my shoes to look brand new after a few months. Even high quality shoes are going to wear out fast, you're abusing them every time you go for a walk!

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Like most retailers, Payless has had to change their image to stay in business.
    Payless no longer has just $10 plastic shoes. They now have designers do budget lines for them. Payless carries shoes by Project Runway winner Christian Siriano and they are lovely shoes that I would be proud to wear.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Payless also has lines by other designers such as Silvia Tcherassi, Lela Rose, and Isabel Toledo.

Silvia Tcherassi:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't hate Payless. I think they are changing with the times to stay in business and $34 to $50 for designer shoes is cheaper than buying them at Nordstrom's.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This last pair is by Lela Rose for Payless. Not bad for $44.

[​IMG]

18. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I love Payless. I've always had a good experience with them and I still buy from there. I actually even bought a pair of glittery silver flats from there to wear on my wedding day. :) Only $12.99 on sale! ( One of three shoe changes, lol) I'm a low maintenance kind of gal so I only wear flats and/or sneakers so I guess if I was looking for quality heels I'd choose somewhere else. But for the price overall I think Payless is great.

19. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:

So if that's the case. Where does the person who wants $10 dollar plastic shoes shop at now? Ebay? Flea Market? Yard Sale? Secondhand? Salvation Army? In America, if a man or woman wants $10 dollar plastic shoes. They should be able to get them somewhere, somehow! Otherwise, we've failed as a nation!;)

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You buy the $10 plastic shoes at Walmart, of course. I just bought a pair of gray velvet flats for $10 at Walmart and a $1.50 pair of flip flops with a fabric rose on the instep.