Payless Shoes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Adeal4u • May 3, 2012.

1. savergrl

savergrlMember

Threads:
    but the quality still sucks! I was just in there looking for a specific kind of shoe. I left because now its just expensive garbage.

2. nms1234

nms1234New Member

Threads:
    I like Payless too. I especially liked it last week when I went to Dick's Sporting Goods (I know not exactly discount) to look for shoes for my 8 year old son. The least expensive pair they had was $40. So we went to Payless where we found a pair for $20 that he loved. He will outgrow them soon so I was not looking to spend too much and we are both happy!

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    I usually skip it...they just don't have anything I like and I can get better deals at Famous Footwear where they actually have name brands.

4. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    I have had good experienced with Payless. As a girl with big and wide feet, Payless is the best place to find stylish and reasonably priced shoes.

Yes, sometimes the quality is not the best. I rarely buy heels from them because they seem to be of a lesser quality. But I love my Payless flats, especially when I get a BOGO rate.

5. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    I'm late on this thread. But I also wanted to say how much I love Payless shoes. Some of my most comfy shoes have come from Payless. And I love their BOGO days.

6. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I was the same way I never liked cheap non branded shoes. My mother used to shop at Payless shoes for me when I was little and I was so embarrassed. Now I look at myself and I laughed because it's one of my stores to shop at for cheap cute shoes now. I do admit that not all their shoes are cute just some. They have came up from a longs way though.

7. AutumnFaith2012

AutumnFaith2012Member

Threads:
    I used to buy shoes from Payless all the time and most of them lasted for a good while too! But the Payless Shoes of today is not the same as it was growing up about 20 years ago :( They don't seem to have a huge selection of shoes anymore. Sizes 9 and up are mostly wide shoes, which is not always the case for people who wear those sizes (like me). The prices are not all that low anymore either. I have found some of the same shoes at department stores for lower prices. I honestly don't know how much longer Payless will be around. Several have already closed in my area.

8. Deana

DeanaNew Member

Threads:
    I go there pretty regularly and like them. My husband and I have six daughters between us and money counts around here. I bought their shoes for our wedding from Payless actually. More recently I bought water/hiking shoes for the girls there for our Up North trip. I have a pair of hiking sandals from there that I've had for YEARS. Every once in a while I'll find a pair of shoes I don't like--the dyed ones that I bought for my wedding kept falling off my feet and were uncomfortable--but other than that, I've had really good luck with them.

There are quite a few stores around here too. When I was buying the girls the hiking shoes, they had them in every size but one. The sales lady just called the next closest store and found the pair I needed for me.

For kids anyway, I'm not sure I'd buy higher priced shoes. They grow out of the shoes so quickly, they don't NEED to last for years. I have to say though, several pairs have been passed down and used with more than child so they hold up pretty well for us.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I guess it's a matter of being lucky with your selection, which should not be the case. I can't remember shopping at Payless, glad I haven't had such a negative experience.

10. clay1224

clay1224Banned

Threads:
    I used to always get my shoes from Payless Shoes, but now I get mine from FinishLine. But the bad thing is, is that they're really expensive.

11. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    My mother use to stay getting my Keds from there when I was younger. When I was in High School and first started wearing heels that is where I purchased them from. I love shoes so as long as they are comfortable I do not care where I get them from. I have some Airwalk boots from Payless that are still in Excellent Condition. They look like Moon Shoes, they are huge and I love them. They keep my feet so warm! Oh, I got those when I was in High School, so that has been over 7 years now.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would rather invest in a quality pair of shoes made with quality materials and craftsmanship. I used to wear fairly cheap shoes but now I wear Red Wings and the difference in quality is huge. My Red Wings will last years so I will save money in the long run.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really get shoes from Payless, I can never find anything that fits my feet. I wear wide size shoes, the few times I have found something that fits after I have worn them, they make the bottom of my feet sting.

14. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't mind shopping at a Payless shoe store which I've done since my younger days. I don't really remember my experiences as being that terrible either. Sometimes I find good bargains in there which makes me happy. It's true that the shoes might be of lesser quality, not as comfortable to wear, and they may not last very long, but for those prices they're good for me. I'll still continue shopping there.

15. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I still buy payless shoes and i never had a problem with them i buy my kids shoes from there also and they last a pretty good time and don't cost as much as other places.

16. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I love going to payless, its probably because everything is arranged like a candy store for women as all the shoes are displayed all over the place. My 9 year old son likes going there whenever I have to drag him to buy shoes because the staff is so nice, he sits tells them what he needs and they show you where it is or if they are not too busy bring the selections to him. He usually only buys white running shoes or black leather shoes anyway. I think the trick with Payless is identifying those that will die on you in a couple of months versus those that are ok. I have a pair of 4 inch heels from the Christian Siriano collection and I've had that for more than a year and I use it at least once a week.

17. Steph741

Steph741New Member

Threads:
    I always went to Payless growing up. That was always the first place my family went to when it came to buying shoes. Now that I'm older, I don't go there as much as I did before. I usually go there when I need to get something last minute because I know they have good deals. I don't have any complaints on the quality. They seem to last an average amount of time, however they aren't the best quality out there. I go there every now and then when I really need shoes at a discounted price!

18. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah. I also buy from Payless. So far, my buys are actually good.