Payment through Bitcoins

Discussion in Payment Methods started by irishways • May 22, 2014.

1. irishways

irishwaysNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone seen any companies accepting Bitcoins? I keep hearing lots about them, like they go up and down in value, but can you actually spend them anywhere? Any experiences anyone?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some companies that accept bitcoin but owing to the volatile nature of the bitcoin most companies don't accept bitcoin payments. The few that do I'm sure change it to real cash fast unless they have inside information that could tell them that their value would go up . . .

Actually I don't know how it works but I doubt someone would take such a risk unless they knew something most of the other people don't know.

3. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I believe bitcoin will actually be the future of online buying. hell I'd start mining from now on. The only so far I've know is the silk road market place. I think ebay users are also considering bitcoins

4. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Wait, I thought Bitcoin was gone now? Wasn't them some huge thing about how the creator/owner of Bitcoin lost everyone's money? Also, the value fluxes to much! There's no solidity in it. Normal money won't drastically jump or drop value in a few days time. Also, standard money stays about the same value, roughly.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also thought Bitcoins was no longer a good cash alternative. I did a quick Google and it seems it is still going strong. There had been people pushing using BitCoin to get from behind the 8 ball, make some serious cash. I don't hear them pushing Bitcoins as much as before.

I don't know if I would want to jump on that bandwagon just yet, seems too risky.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I think it's something I'm going to have to learn more about because it looks like it is going to be the thing of the future. It's strong and being pushed like crazy. We all know here in the states, that money doesn't have much life left, this bitcoin may be the 'future' of money irregardless of how I think of it.

7. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Uh yeah you can spend them in a lot of places. Even if you don't want to, there are a ton of places where you can convert it from BTC (Bitcoin) to USD (American Dollar) and from there you can do whatever you want with the money. The price moves around a lot because there aren't many Bitcoins in circulation for one, and for two it isn't regulated, so there's bound to be a lot of manipulation and volatility.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are so many companies accepting bitcoins today including Ebay, Microsoft and Dell as well as hundreds of smaller retailers across the world. There is a retail concern in Iran called Persian Shoes which produces exquisite footwear and they use bitcoins as one of their forms of payment. It gets better if you can be able to monitor fluctuations in value so that you can convert it into normal currency when it increases in value.

9. tgthewriter1

tgthewriter1New Member

Threads:
    Yes, there are websites where you can buy things with Bitcoins. But, getting a Bitcoin is the hard part. Investing in Bitcoins is even harder. I would recommend that you figure out where to buy Bitcoins and invest in Bitcoins. Then consider shopping with Bitcoins. Bitcoins are tricky business so be careful.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I have not found any companies accepting bitcoins except some gambling sites. There are many payment processors that allow you to deposit finds via bitcoins and you can use equivalent USD to make transaction.I use this feature and convert my bitcoins to USD buy things online. However, I have not found any merchant that actually accepts BTC payment.

11. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I still have yet to quite figure out what exactly the deal is with Bitcoin, but as far as I know you have to search a little bit to find retailers that accept them. I remember that I did hear something once about Amazon or another bigger online site, but I am not sure if that was because they did or did not accept them, and I am guessing did not. I have not seen it as an option, There has to be someone out there....keep searching.