Paypal Alternatives

Discussion in Payment Methods started by TheViper • Nov 12, 2013.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    There are many of us that can't use Paypal for various reasons. Either, they screwed you over and you got limited for no reason. Then there is the instance where your country just isn't allowed. Well, have no fear because there are other Payment processors that you can use.

• SolidTrustPay
    • Payza
    • Serve
    • Google Checkout
    • Payoneer

There are tons of other payment processors you can use but these are the most popular. Just choose the best one for you and get started in your online transactions!

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    There is no real alternative to paypal. The company is way too huge to ignore. Paypal is a great resource that is everywhere. I use a combination of paypal and payoneer to get by really. But in my opinion i cannot really say that there is a paypal alternative.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Google check-out will be phased in favor of Google wallet which I hear is almost as good as paypal and considering Google's reputation maybe we'll soon see them hand out Google debit cards. Anyway:

Appears to me that paypal will have serious competition to deal with in the near future.

#3Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  4. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal is the payment processor that most people need when dealing with online transactions. Though, with Google on the rise that tide may change. I can see Google taking over the "payment processor" wars eventually.

5. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    The problem with PayPal is that they're too big to be accountable for all their mistakes, and recently they've been messing up a lot. From randomly returning payments to locking your accounts for weeks for absolutely no good reason, I really hope a viable alternative rises, but I don't think that'll happen any time soon.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's really no alternative to Paypal, since they have monopolized the whole online payment processor category. I'm lucky that Paypal supports my country, but for those countries that aren't supported, then they really have no choice but to shop at Amazon and use a credit or debit card to be able to purchase items online.

7. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Well it's good to know that there are alternatives. But the reality is, paypal still rules when it comes to online money transaction.

8. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love PayPal, but I have never made a payment with it. I usually just do some minor jobs online, I get paid via paypal and I transfer the money to my bank account. So far I never had an issue with probably because I only move small amounts and therefore I never really looked into alternatives because I have no need for them.

I've never heard of Google payment processor @SeanM, but if it is from Google it has to be reliable!

9. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    Thats actually exactly what I do :D Paypal doesn't allow my country to receive or send funds. So I had a friend create an account for me on which I can receive payments. I then transfer the fund to my Payoneer card that I can use in ATMs or stores :p

10. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    Awesome! Thanks! Didn't know there were this much alternatives!

11. ZRadach

ZRadachMember

Threads:
    I hope you are right that Google Wallet will improve in due time. I don't much care for Google Wallet and it would take a LOT to draw me away from PayPal... the fact that PayPal checkout is almost always an option and how smooth, fast, and secure the payment process usually is it will likely be hard to improve upon.

Thanks for reading! :)

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that in time those online wallets can be good alternatives, but for now I am happy with PayPal. If PayPal introduced some cryptocurrencies I think it will be a nice plus for them.

13. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    I've never really looked for other alternative as PayPal has worked just fine for me therefore I never needed other options. The issue with other options is the number of people that use them. They're not going to be much good for you if the people you trade with don't use them as well.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's how I feel too Julian, I only look for alternatives if something that I have is not working properly, so if it's working fine I just stick with it. And let's be honest, PayPal is a great free service.

15. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    Well, free it is not, because you do pay fees, but I agree, it has made life much simpler for a lot of people. I don't know for example how freelancers would have been able to work if paypal and other such services wouldn't have existed.

16. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't pay any fees on PayPal because I don't have a business account or whatever the name is. I don't move much money, so for me it's free and that is what I love the most about it.