Paypal and Alertpay work for me

Discussion in Payment Methods started by craighawkins • May 16, 2012.

1. craighawkins

craighawkinsNew Member

Threads:
    It seems that a lot of people have issues with Paypal. I have personally never had a problem with them. I have my Paypal linked to my bank account and have found it to be a great way to quickly pay and get paid... where merchants allow it.

I have heard that Paypal has shut a lot of affiliate accounts down in the past and Alertpay seem to be a little bit more affiliate friendly. The one issue I have with Alert Pay is that now and again the option to ad credit card details seems to get suspended while they have issues with banks.

It is just nice to have more of a choice on your spending options. To have a credit/debit card and these Pay merchants. There is also a company called Solidpay but I've never personally tried them.

I've also recently opened an account with a company called 'Libertyserve' but have not tried them yet. Perhaps someone else here has and could give an opinion?

2. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I have a paypal account, but I really am not sure about linking it with my bank account. I've heard some shady things about them, but considering the fact I'm a freelancer on the internet I don't really have a choice.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I use PayPal too although I don't have either a credit card or bank account, but I've bought lots of things online and never had a problem with them. Customer service is pretty good, it's just that their fees are too high sometimes, especially for those of us receiving money outside the US. We get 5.4% + 0.30 USD for fees.

4. pizzaz007

pizzaz007New Member

Threads:
    Paypal have many problems for its users. Now a days many people are going to verify their ones with fake data or methods. I prefer Alertpay because they have no banning or blocking issues. I have lost some bucks in my paypal. They shut your account with no proper reason. People in asia prefer Alertpay than Paypal.

5. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    After an incident with PayPal around a year ago (which I don't want to speak of again), what is a better payment gateway than paypal?

6. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I have both paypal and alertpay. The only reason I opened an alertpay account was for a site that didn't use paypal. I have never had any issues with paypal in the five years I have used them. I have both my bank account and credit card linked to my account and so far, no problems (fingers crossed). As for alertpay, I received one payment on there and haven't used them again (no longer on that site that paid by alertpay), so I really can't give too much information on them.

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Maybe MoneyBookers or Google Checkout? I'm not quite sure, I've been on PayPal for as long as I've been online.

8. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I have had a few issues with PayPal over the years, but nothing too recently or that wasn't fairly easy to fix really. I don't particularly -like- them, especially with all the fee hikes, but I use them anyway. They're frequently accepted by a lot of different online outlets, so I go with them because I feel like I have to, to a certain extent.

9. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I like Paypal way better than Alertpay. Alertpay is now becoming "Payza", which is ridiculous IMO. Plus, Alertpay doesn't transfer funds to US banks, which is really inconvenient.

10. Coffeeaddict

CoffeeaddictNew Member

Threads:
    So far, I'm good linking my bank account with Paypal. It is a great way for me to receive money and use it in purchasing online. To avoid shady transactions, I make sure that I have a separate bank account for Paypal and another account for my savings. It's easier for me to track my expenses this way.

11. MrWriter

MrWriterNew Member

Threads:
    I use Paypal and Alertpay for years and until now I have nothing to complain. Their staff always was helpfull with me and never give me problems of any kind. The only problem is the high fees that sometimes are really hard to see, especially when I'm making big transfers of money.

12. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using PayPal for 6 years and I've never had problems, either. I have a bank account and a credit card linked, and everything's been smooth sailing.

That said, I also have accounts with the other companies, like AlertPay, MoneyBookers and LibertyReserve. I can't say I've ever used them much, though.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I have a PayPal account and an Alert Pay account. My PayPal is linked to my bank account and I haven't had any problems whatsoever. I will say that it takes 3-4 days when I want to withdraw money and that's a pain. Besides that, it works well there are no hidden fees, and I can send money to family members free of charge. I just opened my Alert Pay account and I haven't had any payments go through that account. I will keep everyone posted when I receive funds from them. I heard that Alert Pay charges fee to withdraw your money to your bank account. I'm not sure if this is true, but I will be careful when transferring money to my bank account.

14. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    Paypal is a very convenient way to pay, and I have not had any problems with it. I easily won a dispute on a buyer that had committed fraud. Liberty Reserve is my favorite payment method because it avoids fraud. I have posted a thread in this section. In summary, sellers wouldn't have to worry about suspicious activities, but buyers must use an exchange site to get LR $$. It's more of a win for buyers, but I wouldn't recommend Liberty Reserve as your main payment method.

15. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I don't really have problems with paypal except for it being 'suspended' for a couple months. Other wise ive never really had an issue with it. I can see why people wouldn't use it and try something else but I would rather have paypal than any other type of account

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Liberty Reserve, and I use the money that I have there if I want to invest in HYIP sites. I like that they have the lowest fees ranging from 1 cent to $2.99 maximum, and that is when transferring any amount. Their fees are way cheaper than Paypal. I also use both Paypal and Alertpay, but Liberty Reserve is what I like best.

17. donaldplozha

donaldplozhaMember

Threads:
    I use paypal to receive payments from freelancer jobs I do online, and since I am in no hurry to receive the money (still live with my family, 20 years old) I just wait for the automatic transfer to my bank account that happenes the first day of every month. Have had no problems so far, so I am happy with PayPal. :)

18. srinivas0812

srinivas0812Member

Threads:
    I never used AlertPay, though I had an account with them. AlertPay (Payza) has always disappointed me with their fees for withdrawing funds. I prefer PayPal to Payza. PayPal is of course the best way to pay and get paid. Accepted by almost all the online stores, I find it a very reliable payment processor. In addition, PayPal has always been on the buyer's side and we can charge-back just in case anything happens.

19. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I use PayPal, and have never had any major issues with them, and then it's only when dealing with ebay (it's why I refuse to do anymore business with ebay, but that's another story). I have read some of the horror stories people tell (true?) and I feel like I should have a backup plan in case something bad happens with my PayPal account.

Is it still a fact that Alertpay isn't compatible with the U.S.?

20. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I like paypal never tried alertpay I heard they aren't good and you have to pay for it I like paypal cause it's free and it works for me