PayPal Causing Bank Fines Repeatedly - Won't Do Anything About It

Discussion in Payment Methods started by ohiotom76 • Jun 5, 2013.

1. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    :mad:

I just got hit with another $70+ in NSF fines from an old bank account that I have associated with Paypal, because I accidentally didn't switch my payment method to my other account on file with them when checking out. The worst part about it, is PayPal is going to hit that same account *again* in a couple of days and refuses to stop doing it and told me there is nothing they can do to stop it - not even switch the payment over to the correct account.

I have an old savings account associated with my PayPal account that I use from time to time to receive payments into. Other than that I don't really keep much in there. I have another account associated with my PayPal account that I use for making payments with PayPal. The frustrating thing is they won't let you set a *default* account for payments, so when checking out, if you accidentally forget to switch it at the last moment, it will hit the wrong account.

A few days ago, I made several purchases on eBay, and switched it over to the correct account in the process. When I went to make a second purchase on eBay, it apparently did not save these settings and reverted back to the wrong account again. To make matters worse I didn't even get notified there was a payment problem (insufficient funds because they were trying to withdraw from the wrong account) until several days later. So now, I finally get an email this morning explaining the issue and when I try to call them and ask them to bill my other account instead, they are telling me they cannot do it.

Why on earth can't they stop a payment to the wrong account and take the payment from the correct account? This is absurd.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    That happened to me once. In fact, my old account ended up going in the negative over $800 because of Paypal continuously trying to push things through.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh my god, were those all NSF fees? Did you have to pay them all or did the bank work with you to resolve those. Both banks I've had this happen with wouldn't do anything at all to work with me on this, even though I had been a customer of their for years. It's why I left them.