Paypal Charges

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by ACEP • Oct 2, 2017.

1. ACEP

ACEPMember

Threads:
    Do you agree in Paypal fees?

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal is a business enterprise and it needs people and customers so that it can generate money and prolong it's business. It doesn't earn money on advertisements and promotions or referrals in any way, and charging people for using it's user friendly applications is the only legal and possible way it could make some money. So yes I agree and it's only practical to charge fees on it's users or else it will not sustain it's everyday expenses.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    PayPal has been charging more fees of late, and it does not make me happy, but what else is new? I am not about to stop using it because it has fees associated with it. That is just kind of the way of the world. You make money and pay fees.

4. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    So far, I have nothing to complain about, I agree with all sorts of fees that they need to charge. Everything is done in a clear way and I think the values are acceptable.

5. walter12

walter12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes i agree, since if we compare paypal to the other payment processors the fees are cheaper and i always feel safe and secure.

6. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using PayPal for almost 6 years now. I didn't find any problem the charges which are effected to receiving my payment from my online writing job.

I haven't compared it with other money processors for it's the only one I have to process my payment and receiving of any earnings I have from the websites I have worked with.

7. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:

Yes. I agree with PayPal fees. I think they are fair and affordable. It is the PayPal fees that enables them to make their services better. With the high security that PayPal offers and the ease of refunding payments, we can't expect free services. We need to pay for the good service we get from them. :D

8. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    Paypal fees are a necessity to ensure that the company will be able to sustain their operations. If you're using Paypal to earn money, these fees should be considered as one of the costs of your business or service. Considering the convenience of collecting your earnings from multiple sources through one payment processor, I think that the charges are fair enough. Look out, though, because the charges may not have been Paypal charges at all but those of the bank or the credit card that you're using to withdraw your Paypal balance.

#8Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the competition becomes stiff, I'm sure Paypal would think about their fees. In one work contract that I got, I was surprised that there was a fee of almost a dollar so all I got was just $4 from the agreed amount of $5. But I understand that Paypal is a business and they have to earn too. Maybe we will just have to wait for further developments of other remittance companies.

10. PriscillaKing

PriscillaKingNew Member

Threads:
    It'd be hard to "disagree" with them and still use Paypal. I try to move all payment (except giftcards) to the real world and cash as efficiently as possible.

11. NicholasMukuha

NicholasMukuhaActive Member

Threads:
    In this world,. nothing good comes easy. Talking about easiness, the user friendliness, reliability, flexibility and security that come along with using paypal, then I think they are well worth the cost. From where I come from, transferring money from my paypal account to my bank, only costs me 1.5% of the transaction amount, which I do not really think it causes any harm. Therefore,. on my part, I have nothing to complain about.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Though I wish the PayPal charge is lower, so I don't need to pay so much fees, since I prefer to use PayPal as compared to other payment processors, I just have to accept it as it is since it is a business world. Though the fee for receiving is slightly high, I am happy that I don't need to pay any fees for transferring the money into my local bank account. I started to use Payza lately, and realized that the fee is actually much higher. I am not sure about other payment processors.

13. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    This year the fees seems to be lot higher. And even for 15$ you would find 1$ taken away from you. And with each 5$ addition the fees are rising. And I think it'd be serious to see how the fees may eat up most of the earnings on the platform. So I think people should consider other ways for making payment to their bank account. Something like payoneer would do as well.

14. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    As noted, they are a business, and businesses have to make a profit some way. I won't say I like it, but I do understand it.

Thankfully, I don't get hit too hard with fees for most stuff. There are a couple sites where it adds up (due to currency exchange), but I can get around it somewhat by waiting longer to cash out. One one site, there is still a fee, but it's smaller if I wait, so I do. On another, the fee is quite a bit larger than before, so now I just take gift cards instead of cash, so I can keep the full amount.

15. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    The thing people seem to forget is that they are a company that needs to make profit in order to continue providing a service.

16. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Even I wish if they will start charging little less. But that's not in our hand. As mostly all international sites are paying through paypal, we don't have more choices. As I said I will be happy if they decrease the charges but I am okay with the current one too. So its fine. Till I am getting all my payment safely I am quite happy with them.

17. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Charges are a bit high for me as I don't earn too much online but thinking about it I feel it's okay because that's how Paypal will keep exsiting that way. What other ways will it make money for it to continue bringing us their service as long as the charges are reasonable I will keep on using their service as I feel it's the most secure service out there.

18. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    All business enterprise lives and thrive with profit making and with the service of financial intermediary PayPal offers to its users, in my opinion it's worth every penny that they charge for the service they offer.

The only thing PayPal do that I have a little issue with is how long they take in processing ones transactions. Sometimes, it takes 3-6 days and I see this as a flaw in their services. They should look to improve on this and make it an instant transactions.

19. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I have to. Since there is no solid alternative of PayPal so do you think we have a choice for not agreeing to PayPal fees and conditions. Unless PayPal gets a tough competition from a similar pay processor with as much reputation and acceptability you have no choice but to agree with them. In our case they take close to 9% every transaction.

20. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Yup. So far even I don't see any solid alternative of paypal. So I guess even with high fees I am using it more. I guess most of the solid sites are relying on paypal only. So we don't have anything else to go for it. Though these days some sites are improving , so in future may be we can see change. But right now paypal is quite solid.