Paypal Debit Card

Discussion in Credit Cards started by Happyflowerlady • Feb 2, 2015.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's good in Paypal is that I can withdraw the money to my bank account's ATM. All I have to do is to transfer the money and wait for 2 to 4 days and my bank account will be credited. Another good point is there is no service charge by Paypal if the withdrawal is more than 7,000 pesos. It is just like having an extension of my bank account.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love Paypal too, and just wish I could get my hands on the debit card. I like the security, I even feel like it's safer than my debit card here! I don't know, maybe i'm not looking properly, but in my Paypal account there's nothing about there being a debit card option! How do you apply for it?!

3. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I had an issue once with Paypal and Netflix... just a mix up; nothing major. But when I talked to them on the phone I realized I have never in my life heard someone who sounded that happy. I was even called hun and dear a lot. If anyone is ever in the dumps and really hating life at the moment, all they need to do is call paypal customer service.

4. Lushlala

Threads:
    Wow, I never knew that about them! But come to think of it, every single review of Paypal customer service i've heard has been very positive. Luckily, I've never had to call them for anything. It helps to know. thanks LilAnn :)

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love my paypal debit card! It is so much better than having to wait for cash to be transferred to the bank. It even gives you cash back for using it...How many other cards do that? Well the Target Debit card gives you 5 percent off purchases I guess...but I do love the paypal card.

6. Lushlala

Threads:
    @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon, that's fantastic! I wish I could get my hands on one, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I doubt I'd get cash back where I am, but I really just want the PayPal debit card. I reckon it'd make my life a lot easier, and I'd be able to keep the money separate from what I have in my other account.

7. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I just had to sign up for it on the paypal page. Before you sign up, though, find a good friend or family member who has it and use them as the person who referred you. When you put your first 10$ on the card you will get 5$ and they will get 5$.

^^^^this is the link if you want to check it out. You just log in with your paypal account, I believe

8. Lushlala

Threads:

Aww thanks a lot for that, LilAnn. I'll be sure to check it out. Now I just need to find someone I know who has it, who I can say referred me! I like that they give a $5 incentive, too :)

9. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    LilAnn, you are so right about how cheery they are! It really is a pleasant conversation. I don't think I have that nice of conversations with my own family sometimes! LOL
    I got my monthly cash back today and had a pleasant surprise! Apparently I didn't realize there was an extra incentive last month and I earned a little more than the usually 1%. Didn't even know it. Love that they do the cash back on signature purchases.

10. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    PayPal has never worked for me when paying for something, even if it is linked to a current card that I have. I couldn't imagine having to deal with that in debit card form. I do have friends with good experiences on these types of cards, however. So, my advice would be to do your research and then proceed with caution. Heck, it's probably safer than a bank handling your money anyways.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    Exactly, AllAboutTheLincolns! I'm having trouble trusting my bank here. All this time when people used to moan a lot about banks, I never used to get it, because I was very happy with my bank in England. This is the reason I've decided to keep that account and keep it going. I'm surprised Paypal never worked for you when paying for something! That's all I use, because of the tight security :)

12. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I got one, and didn't know anyone to put as a referral. So, when my husband applied for one, he got to put me down as a referral.

do you have the debit prepaid? If its the same one, I had no idea about the cash back. I have earned a couple of rewards. Like any auto zone purchase right now gives me a somewhat significant rebate. There's another one but I haven't really looked at it yet.

It is. I think so, anyway. I have my paypal account connected to this card, only. And whatever I need to buy something with the card I'll add to it, with an extra 5$ or so. If my account gets hacked, they won't get more than 5$; 10$ if I have plans to go out.

13. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    No, I have the actual debit card. Once I had made so many transactions and a few sales on ebay/facebook swap/buy/sale groups I got the offer to get a PayPal Business Debit Mastercard. No fees. Get cash back on all signature purchases. I spend only about 150-300 on it tops during any given month and still end up with a nice $3-5 dollar deposit from Paypal first of the next month. I much prefer it to the prepaid card.

14. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I'm about to start using my card a lot more in the next little while. I'm going to have to look into it. "Cash back" has a really nice ring to it!

15. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cool. Thanks for sharing this. I've been thinking about getting one as well. I just keep putting it off, because I figured it was going to be a pain to get.

So, I don't need a whole bunch of extra "verifications" or anything like that then? That would be great.

They have gotten better about getting your money to your bank more quickly in the recent past, or maybe my bank is just quicker now. Either way, I get my money pretty fast now. I still wouldn't mind having a Paypal debit card though. It could come in handy.

16. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, have you gotten it straightened out yet? If not, maybe what you're seeing on your PayPal site is being limited because of your country? Maybe there's some way you can log in so it appears you're in the UK, and you'll see the debit card option?

I highly recommend the PayPal debit card. I probably use it at least as much, if not more, than my bank account debit card. I love getting a little back in rewards, too. If you don't get rewards with your bank's debit card, and have enough of a balance in PayPal., you can pay your bills with it, and the reward points add up quickly.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hey Diane Lane! Can you believe I've yet to get that sorted out. I hold a UK based Paypal account, so that might (MIGHT LOL) stand me in good stead. I'll just have to wait and see if that's the case, when I can finally drum up some enthusiasm and look further into this. The card just seems so convenient, I WANT it!

18. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is there someone you trust in the UK who would log into your account over there and see if it shows up as an option, and order it for you? It seems as if it would be really handy for you where you are, and it'd be great to see you be able to get one. I am constantly using mine, and would be lost without it.

19. Lushlala

Threads:
    hehe DianeLane, it's like you read my mind LOL I've been seriously contemplating doing this, but the scaredy cat that I am, I've been hesitating LOL I do have friends and family over there, and if only I can drum up some courage, i'll definitely do it. I feel that the Paypal card would be a lot more secure than my debit card here. I think it's a lot more protected, and usually when I cross over to neighbouring countries such as South Africa where debit and credit card crime is rampant, i'd rather not take my regular debit card. It's certainly worth considering :)

20. Glcameron

GlcameronNew Member

Threads:
    I personally love my paypal debit card. I think you really have to have it as a back up but if you get paid via paypal all the time then you want to link a trusted bank account to do the 2 day transfer. It makes it that much simpler to deal with.