PayPal disputes & claims

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Mar 31, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Have you ever filed a Paypal dispute or claim? What for? Did you get your money back?

I've opened about 10 disputes already, all of them for not getting some items. My local post office is quite bad, either they steal packages or take years to deliver them. So I have to make sure that if after 45 days I don't get it, I can complain and have PayPal on my side.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wow, 10 disputes? Are you sure it's your post office that's losing them and it's not a matter of only buying internationally and then the packages taking forever? With that many packages not arriving, I'd be looking at getting a post office box in another town and driving over myself every couple weeks to avoid such bad service from my own post office. Yikes.

3. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Ive never had to file a dispute or claim with paypal but I Know of some friends that have had to do this. They always got their money back but a few times it took over 30 days before they got their funds back from a scammer on ebay.

4. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I filed a dispute for $25 over a pre-approved credit payment agreement.I couldn't remember setting it up, and the name didn't ring any bells. So I filed, and the next day I had my money back.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    My local post office seems to enjoy keeping my packages (the ones without tracking numbers) in their shelves and won't deliver them to my house until they have 10 or more packages waiting for me there. That happened to me once, happened to a friend once too. I had ordered many things without tracking numbers. Waited up to 2 months. I got 11 packages all at once. I had to repay everyone I started a dispute too, though.

This is why I always order things with tracking numbers now (except for USPS items as Priority International is way too expensive).

6. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    I've never had to file a dispute with paypal, too. But once I received money from a PTC site. I send the money to my other accout. I didn't leave any money in this account. Couple of days after that I received email from PayPal and they were saying that I have to pay something! Then I saw that my balace in the first account had " - " sign before the number and that I have to pay them back this amount because this PTC site wanted their money back and PayPal gave them the money. I didn't know about that! They didn't tell me about a problem and they just gave the money back. I didn't have any money there but I use only one credit card for PayPal for more safety, and I couldn't register the card in other accound before I pay them back. I wrote so much emails and nothing! I explained them everything so many time and still nothing!!! They are idiots!

7. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I filed a dispute with them and got my money back within 21 days. I have never had a problem since. I also had someone hack my PayPal account and take all my money but PayPal took care of that too. They even gave me a security key for my account which allows me to change the security code needed to access my account whenever I want just by pushing a button on the card. This gave my account optimum security and I got it for free because of the inconvenience. It was something users needed to pay for before however now I don't know if these feature is free or not.

8. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    PayPal almost always sides with the customer over the supplier. This is often a good thing, like in your case. However, sometimes the customer has no right to demand their money back and the supplier is just out of luck. I've seen this happen with my mother. She makes custom doll outfits for collectors and they'll snatch their money back if something is unsatisfactory even though they were the one that made the specifications and never tried to work with her to fix the issue.

9. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have only had to use the dispute resolution service once and it was a very long time ago. I did get my money back and without PayPal, I really don't think I would have. I am also surprised that you have had 10 disputes but I don't know the time frame they occured within. If it was over the course of several years, that is not too bad. If they occured in a short time frame, I'd start looking into requesting UPS so you can track your shipments.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Well I'm glad you returned the dispute costs and hopefully rated those people correctly so they weren't tarnished by your post office's failure. If they prefer to hold onto packages before delivering them all at once, can you pick them up directly yourself? It would keep them from having to deliver at all and you won't have to wait months for multiple ones to show up.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Problem is I don't really know where they could be. Because they don't keep it in the office, but someplace else where they sort packages out, and I don't know the address of that place.

I actually got a bunch of packages yesterday, so did some people who live nearby. 3 of them were from December! Guess they were cleaning up or something.

12. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I recently had a package take 6 *business days* to get to my house, I was so upset. I had chosen Priority mail which is supposed to take 1-3 business days to arrive. Instead, I basically got first class mail quality for 3 extra bucks in shipping. The tracking page was all screwed up, too. It was showing recent activity that was updated, which was basically because the package was bouncing around between two sorting facilities in Atlanta. But the estimated delivery date was saying it should have arrived days before. I hate USPS sometimes.

If they give you tracking information and you can see the package traveling, you can be rest assured that they did send it, though. They weren't trying to swindle you or anything. UPS, FedEx, and USPS all have tracking options on their website.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadowNew Member

Threads:
    I never had to file a dispute, though I had some problems where various transactions didn't appear anywhere on my PayPal account. Also had long conversations with persons from their support since they couldn't understand my problems, and were asking really stupid questions about my transactions after I told them multiple times that there's no transaction in my history or anywhere else on my account. Well it was fine in the end, but I can't say I like their support very much.

14. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Just curious. Do you like in a big city? I mean a really big city where the post office is so big that they have a different place to store packages?

15. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    I've never filed a chargeback, because I buy from reputable sellers. I usually buy stuff from Amazon, so there's no need for me to file a chargeback ;).
    One time I came close to filing one though, but then the item finally came and I even received compensation :D.

16. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I only requested money back once and tho I paid through Paypal, I don't think it was actually Paypal that I had to request to get my money back. It was something that was an online service and there was supposedly a delay with the service. Then I never heard anything, after over a month of waiting for the service I requested my money back. I had tried to contact customer service during that month and nobody from the company I purchased the service from ever answered me. I think I requested my money back through the site Clickbank. But being that I paid through Paypal, it went back into my account.

17. FlyingTomatoes

FlyingTomatoesNew Member

Threads:
    10 packages? Gosh, that's a bunch lot. Have you considered other couriers, then?

If you're going to order a lot from the net alone, why not consider DHL?

These are just my suggestions, and I am sorry to hear your loss. I hope it gets settled soon.

I had no idea Amazon was accepting Paypal orders. o_O

-
    I have a problem with their employees, in all honesty.

Paypal is a practical tool, but for crying out loud, they don't know anything about management and they can't even take their time reading my messages.

If they have so little employees and too much requests, why don't they make a solution for that and hire more? For crying out loud, they're the most popular payment processor. They're not doing anything about it, and they still wonder why they have such horrible public relations.

Their rules regarding the limits of disputes with gifts is, excuse the word, complete BS as well.

I don't like them, but I'll have to stick up to them. :\

As long as they don't get in my way again, then we can put off World War 3 for a while longer. ;)

18. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    Wow, I feel pretty lucky with post office after reading this! It does make me wonder though about federal laws and how the US post office is supposed to deliver mail. Although I imagine it'd be hard to prove deliberate negligence. I had to dispute a purchase just once, a long time ago, and had no problem getting my money back, but I don't remember how long it took. And once, years ago, someone hacked my account (and I remember that used to be a big problem with them and made people not trust them) but also got that cleared up quickly. And once, about a year ago, I went to pay for something at a store with my PayPal debit card and it was declined even though there was plenty of money in the account, so I called and it was a fraud prevention thing and they wanted me to verify the purchase, which I did, and they immediately made the funds available. It was annoying, and embarrassing at the store, but over quickly. And I have to say that every single time I've every dealt with PayPal customer service, they've handled things quickly, efficiently and politely.

19. alahnna

alahnnaMember

Threads:
    I have opened a dispute once with paypal and ebay. I ordered a home theatre system and the guy never sent it. I opened the dispute and realized he had done the same thing to about 50 other people in the same week. Paypal refunded my money within a week.

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    10 is a lot! But sometimes, it's really impossible to have a completely perfect payment method online. I only experienced one dispute though and that's when the money I withdrew didn't get into my bank account for 10 days already. But when I called them, they fixed it within the next 2 days. It was very inconvenient though.