PayPal disputes & claims

Discussion in Payment Methods started by addicted_buyer • Mar 31, 2012.

1. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I just recently had to file a dispute with Paypal about someone transfering themselves over $1000 out of my account. Paypal DID take care of it, I give them the credit for that, but my problem is that this was done around 1:30 in the morning, Paypal didn't email me about it until 3:30 in the morning so I could quickly file a dispute, then not a full 15 minutes after my dispute was filed I get an email from Paypal saying that their department flagged it for fraud. The biggest issue I have with them is I filed a dispute, and suddenly their fraud department came in to do it's job, THEN even after a dispute AND their fraud department (supposedly) flagging the transaction they still apparently couldn't stop the transaction from being tried at my bank repeatedly. The fact that they apparently have no control over their own systems has caused me multiple fees and hours of my time talking to my bank. If you dispute it and/or their fraud catches it, there is no excuse for them to say that they cannot stop the transaction, no matter how many times they are willing to put the money back after they fraudulently take it out. I also called on the fees and was told that I would need to go to my bank with a vague email about how Paypal is aware the transaction is fraudulent and that the bank needs to refund the fees. Ridiculous policies and terrible service.

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I use paypal and it is #1 for me. Anytime I dispute any charges, they are always right there with very good customer service and they solve whatever problem that you may have. I am so proud to have paypal and it's the only one I will use because they solve your problem right away, and without a lot of changes.

3. Rob

RobMember

Threads:
    I think I've opened two or three disputes. I bought shoes once but they never arrived and others had the same experiment so the sellers ebay account was suspended. I've also bought two necklaces which never arrived so I had to open a case. I got my money back in all of these cases.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way for sellers to avoid being defrauded is to send by recorded delivery. Proof of postage is vital in any Paypal dispute. No proof of delivery and you are opening yourself up to fraud. You should be okay if you have proof of delivery.

5. jlyn12

jlyn12New Member

Threads:
    I just had a problem where I purchased banner advertising for 3 months on Porkypost.com. The banner was supposed to show within 1 hour. It did not show for days and nobody answered me when I used their contact me form. So I opened a Paypal claim and still no response. When Paypal asked for tracking info, they did respond. Of course, there is no tracking because this is not a physical product that would be shipped. I was really looking forward to the exposure and what a let down! Then PayPal told me that since it was not a tangible object it was not covered. Thank God, part of the payment came from my PayPal, and then the balance (the majority) from my backup account, which was a debit card. They suggested I contact my bank, which I did. While we were on the phone she looked at the site and was able to confirm my banner was not in rotation, and gave me an immediate award. Again, thank God. I lost a little over 5 bucks, but I got the rest back. I just hope he does not do this with other people because I only see the same 5 banners rotating all the time. So, if you were thinking about purchasing a banner on Porkypost, only use a credit card, if you purchase at all.

6. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I entered a non existing bank account that's why my money didn't arrive when I withdrew it. I still haven't received a refund till now and I'm already thinking that I won't be receiving any kind of refund because the error was on my side. :(

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I may have a Paypal dispute on my hands. I purchased a cardigan from a French website which had no information on a returns policy. I have since requested returns information and they haven't replied. Has anyone been in a similar situation?

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Luckily I have never opened a dispute yet, because each seller that I bought stuff from were honest ones. There was a time when a package took 2 months to arrive, but I never opened a dispute and I just waited patiently for the item to arrive. From my experience, the most waiting time that I have experienced in waiting for a package to arrive was 2 months, so I don't get worried if the package did not yet arrive after more than a month.

9. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I have only had to open a dispute once and this was when someone managed to gain access to my PayPal account and transferred over $300 into another account. To be fair to PayPal they resolved my dispute and put the money back within about three days.

This is EXACTLY why I insist that all packages I receive are sent recorded delivery, it might cost more but I won't have to worry about losing things.

10. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I did once this music site took money out of my account without permission so i wrote the site and asked that my money get sent back to me and they said they didn't do refunds that i should just use the money they took on their site so i talked to paypal within 3 days they had my money back and in my account.

11. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    My account was also hacked at paypal and although they fully refunded me and had good customer service representatives maybe they should tighten security somehow. What I've done is the bank that is associated with my paypal account I hardly have any money in it just in case and the credit card I used to sign up in paypal with I removed and instead placed a prepaid card that has just a couple of dollars in it.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I filed a Dispute with PayPal and I won. I signed up for a Trial offer and I was trying to call ahead of time to cancel it and I called on three different numbers trying to get the trial canceled and when I would call it would be busy or I would get hung up on. I wasn't able to get online, because I was out of town and didn't bring anything with me. So that Monday I called because I had the charge. I asked them to give my money back because of the issue on their end, they didn't want to talking about I would get a credit so I went to PayPal, and in less than 7 days, they responded in my favor. My issue was a music site as well, that took my money!