PayPal fee query...

Discussion in Payment Methods started by YamiPrem • Nov 1, 2012.

1. YamiPrem

YamiPremNew Member

Threads:
    I have a Paypal but it is not connected to a debit account. It is only connected to a credit account.

I noticed when sending money as a Gift, I am still charged a fee. I tried with the Purchase|Goods option and there is no mention of a fee. As I am the buyer, I assume the seller pays for the fee.

My question is, which way would the fee come out less? As Personal|Gift or Purchase|Goods with only credit bank account?

Thanks in advance.

2. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I am not really sure but I though that when you send payment as a Gift, they don't charge fees. The last time I did this was last year and I didn't have any fees. So for me it would be to send as a gift.

3. A.P.W.

A.P.W.Member

Threads:
    Yes I have just done that same thing myself. I paid for an Item as if it was a gift through a mix up with paypal. They can be very difficult to fathom sometimes, I know how you feel. You should, however not be charged any fees.

4. YamiPrem

YamiPremNew Member

Threads:
    I think they charge fees if you either:

a) don't use PayPal balance to pay
    b) don't use debit account

Thanks for the responses though. Question still open.

5. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    I only know that I receive funds and I transfer it to my bank account. I get charged $0.50 each time unless if it is over $150, and then the transaction is free. I wonder if you need to gift a minimum amount of money for Paypal to waive the fee? I hope this helps.

6. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Paypal is a weird beast. Most of the times, I don't get charged any fees as of late. Most of the time, I can mark stuff off has personal or a gift to knock the fees off.

But it also varies on country. My advice, start looking for other services outside of Paypal.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no idea i have never been charged for this on paypal but than again my paypal is linked to my bank maybe it charges cause it's a credit account i'd contact paypal and ask for help.

8. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    Nope, the charges have nothing to do with being linked to a bank or not. My account is linked, verified, and I have Paypal's Mastercard. Depending on what I do, I still get a tiny fee somehow.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    The biggest question that doesn't seem to have been asked yet is:

What country are you from? And are you sending the money within the same country?

Many places don't get fees tacked on if the money is sent as a gift, but some places get the fees regardless of the reason of the transaction.

10. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Bingo.

[​IMG]

You can't even send (or received) money as a gift from my location. Either if you're paying for something or getting paid, you'll have to face PayPal's ridiculously high fees.

11. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    There are no additional fees if you send it as personal but if you use your credit card to send payment as personal/gift then there would be additional fees.

12. saveraddict

saveraddictMember

Threads:
    If you can handle the setup, try using Paypal mass pay. Don't let the name fool you, you can use it to pay only one person with it as well. It involves creating a text file with many payments, with one line per person, so you can have one line for paying one person. For the details see

The great news? The maximum fee for each use is $1 only!

13. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Exactly.

Also, (although highly unlikely) your bank may charge you for using it with Paypal.

How much exactly did you incur as fee?