[Expired] PayPal giving out free $15 coupons to spend on eBay

Discussion in Coupons started by addicted_buyer • Feb 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Caprio

CaprioMember

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this. I better be speedy with this one.
    Cheers

2. Kuly22

Kuly22New Member

Threads:
    have any new offer?

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I opened a new PayPal account a few days ago to see if I could get a new coupon, and I did! I know it's against the rules to have multiple PayPal accounts, but hey, it's $15 for free :p

4. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Oh! I'll have to log in to my PayPal account and see what this is all about. I hope I've received this offer, too. I always use eBay so this will come in handy for me.

5. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    I got the same email from paypal but went I tried to buy something on ebay and I used the coupon code during the checkout process I received this error:
    "The redemption code could not be used for your purchase.
    There is no balance left on this redemption code."

Not cool...

6. glamnix

glamnixNew Member

Threads:
    This isn't fair, I haven't receive any from paypal. :(

7. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Good luck! Remember they're handing these out to new accounts. If your account is more than 2 months old or so, it's most likely you didn't receive it.

What? How you tried the exact code you received in your e-mail? Because there are 2 different codes I think.

8. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    The code is "CPAYPAL15".
    I click the "spend your 15$ today" button to open eBay because rules from bottom of the email said so, then I tried to buy something.

I read and rescpect these rules when I tried to use the coupon:

*- Coupon worth $15 can only be used by the recipient of this email and cannot be transferred
    - Coupon shall be used on eBay.com when making a purchase with PayPal via clicking the button in this email
    - The deduction will take place automatically when user selects PayPal at the checkout, clicks “redeem” link and enter the coupon code displayed in this email
    - If applicable, the currency conversion will take place automatically at the checkout with regards to the currency exchange rate of the date when user redeems the coupon
    - Currency conversion fees may apply
    - Validity of the coupon is until 31st of March, 2013
    - Coupon can be used on eBay.com on any product categories, on the complete transaction amount of single or multiple items from one single seller including the shipping and postage costs
    - No minimum price of the product is required
    - Coupon can be used only once. If user makes a purchase that is lower than the coupon amount, the rest of the coupon amount cannot be reused and therefore will be lost
    - If user makes a return of the purchase, the coupon will not be reused for another purchase

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    That's odd. You're the first one I see has received that coupon code. I got 2 coupons (with 2 different accounts), one of which was CLACNM15 and the other one CLACEX15. Both worked without a problem.

Try using any of those 2 codes instead and see if that works. If it doesn't, I'd try contacting either PayPal or eBay by tomorrow!

10. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    This is so amazing. I may have to set up another PayPal account just to see if it works. I had to read more over what you posted at first, because they sent it to you and that was amazing. I am definitely going to see. I think your banking information can only be connected to up to 3 accounts for PayPal anyway.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I actually think they only check IPs. I made 3 accounts from the same IP in a (desperate) attempt to get 3 coupons, and all 3 accounts got limited within a day. The "trick" is to open a new account, way about 3 days until you get a coupon, and then open another one if you want another coupon.

I'm not sure about the banking information limit nor the credit card limit, though. I haven't linked any of these new accounts to that data.

12. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I just set up a new account, and I haven't linked anything at this moment. I am kinda excited to see what happens :) Thanks again!

13. fancy

fancyMember

Threads:
    These are wonderful offers. I think it would be great if I gave it a shot. But I have heard people claiming that most people who have had issues with their paypal accounts have at some point used eBay. I always stay away from eBay. I don't want to risk having to chase paypal for holding my money for months when I need to pay various bills. Most of my income flows through my PayPal account so I wouldn't want to jeopardize its continued existence. Plus, PayPal must have known that people may want to open new accounts for fraudulent purposes just to take advantage of the free $15. Don't think it is as free as it looks. Free things don't exist in the US, so you better get prepared to pay in one way or another. Take for instance if 10,000 people just open fraudulent accounts to take advantage of such freebies, that is a whooping $150k gone to fraudsters. I have doubts if you can simply get away with that money from PayPal. Anyway, thanks for the heads up! I will surely share to my friends who may not care what happens to their PayPal to give it a try!

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I use ebay all the time and I never got one of these I wonder if it will work if I use the code anyways

15. glamnix

glamnixNew Member

Threads:
    This info is great but I think I'll pass. I don't want to risk having money problem. I'm paying all my bills using my paypal account and my husbands salary flows through my PayPal account so I wouldn't want to jeopardize it and risk even my family affair.

16. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    No problem, good luck!

I actually got another coupon today :D I had to wait 3 days from the day I created the account. I actually really needed this one, because I have to buy a replacement screen for my tablet, which recently got cracked.

17. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Thanks for the luck. If I get it I may purchase me a shredder or an keyboard for my netbook, because my shredder is so dead! I do not know what happened to it. I was thinking about purchasing me some clip in weave..Haha, but I really do not need it, so should spend it on something I need! Congrats on getting yours ;)!

18. Melvin

MelvinNew Member

Threads:
    So, we can't use that code? Do you have to be signed up to ebay's email list to get the coupon? I'm looking to buy some stuff off ebay, and that $15 will definitely come in handy. Anyways, thanks for the share and thanks for letting me know. :)

19. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    No, the only (apparent) requirement is having a new PayPal account (meaning that it was created in the last month or so). They're handing coupons out to those accounts to encourage new people to buy on eBay.

20. alex555

alex555New Member

Threads:
    Hi! Keep working coupon! 15$ CPPQIWI15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.