Paypal/Liberty Reserve/Regular CC

Discussion in Payment Methods started by l33t • May 18, 2012.

1. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    Many people have posted on Paypal already. Paypal is a great service for me because I have rarely received any fees from a Personal Starter account. Most online markets accept Paypal now because many clients use it to manage their transactions online. I don't use the affiliate system.
    Liberty Reserve is one of my favorites. Although most sites don't accept it, I use it on my personal site along with Paypal. LR blocks many scammers because they're not allowed to dispute a payment, unlike Paypal. If you're a seller, fraud replaces Paypal's name. I encourage people to use Liberty Reserve, and I use it on small sites that accept the payment method.
    I manually enter my regular credit card the most on reputable sites. I have a Bank of America card dedicated to online shopping. All large companies accept regular credit cards, so I'm forced to use it on sites like Staples.

2. zeus02

zeus02Member

Threads:
    I still love to use paypal,since it hides basically critical information from prying eyes on your pc if there are any,in my case this is my wife. So for me paypal is great way to buy those urgently needed purchases without having to explain to my wife for 3 hours why I need to buy new tires for my bike.

3. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, when I use an alternate to paypal, it's usually Serve. And that's because they're backed by a reputable bank, American Express. Plus they have other options Paypal lacks.

4. GGGuardian

GGGuardianMember

Threads:
    I only use PayPal.com for online purchases. I am wary about giving my card details online. If a site does not have the ability to receive funds via PayPal.com, I will not buy from them. Luckily, thus far, I have not needed to make such a decision. Yes, they have fees but I feel that any good service can, so long as it is fair. And in the finance world...the rules are anything but fair.

Nonetheless, PayPal.com all the way for me.

5. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I like Paypal, and wish that they still offered the temporary card number as well. That was a great option. I never had to give out my credit card number I could use their temporary number and not have to worry about companies trying to set me up on month to month re-billings.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really shop online anyway, I do however freelance and so I do use Paypal despite some of the stories I've heard about it.

7. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    What is this Liberty Reserve? I have seen it mentioned on some sites, but never really gotten an answer as to what this actually is or does. Can you please let me know! Thanks a ton!

8. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    I wish more vendors accepted Liberty Reserve, it really is a good one. Unfortunately I'm forced to use PayPal most of the time, that's the premier processor at the moment. I try not to use my debit or credit card simply because it seems safer to do things through PayPal if things go south.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do use Liberty Reserve, and I prefer using it as compared to Paypal. Too bad Liberty Reserve isn't accepted by online stores. The fees that LR charges is quite low too, only 1 cent per $1 transaction, and the maximum fee that they charge is only $2.99, and that's quite a lot of difference from what Paypal charges. But since most online stores all use Paypal, we have no choice but to maintain an account with them if we want to buy stuff online, despite their strict rules.

10. chintu

chintuNew Member

Threads:
    Liberty reserve is a payment processor like Paypal and payza and now a days many of the sites are using this payment processor as the primary payment processor . and the good thing is the fee which is only 1% that makes many people to go with this payment processor .

11. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    It's probably best for most of us online folks to have an account with most of the major players. Paypal, Payza, Liberty Reserve, Serve, and Moneybookers. Because it's obvious that Paypal is going to have to share the landscape and you don't know who will survive and who won't. So at least register to all as a precaution.

12. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I get paid through PayPal, so it's the only payment method I use right now. Even though I hate their high fees, I do like the fact that they have buyer protection (no matter how slow it may be). When I get a credit card, though, I will probably check out the alternative (Moneybookers, Payza, AliPay, etc.) to see what I'm missing.

13. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I like Liberty Reserve very much as well. Not many stores have them, but a lot of investment sites offer them and I think that is where Paypal is still lacking. I also agree with you that their security is top notch, even I have to go through a lot of verification just to get to my account so I think it is really secure.

14. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    I do have Liberty Reserve but I always use my Paypal account mostly in online transactions.