Paypal Options In Countries Where You Can't Link Paypal To Your Bank Account

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Dora M • Jul 2, 2015.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wonder how you can withdraw money from your Paypal account in countries where you can't link your paypal account to a bank account. For example, you can't link paypal to Colombian bank accounts due to the money laundering problem in that country. Opening a foreign account is virtually impossible, so Colombian citizens find it often difficult to make safe online transactions. What are the alternatives?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen Nigerians having trouble with withdrawing their funds from Paypal, so they opt to use other payment processors like Perfect Money, Solid Trust Pay, etc. They just use an exchanger to exchange their Paypal funds and have the funds transferred to the payment processor of their choice.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you, sidney, that's very useful to know. I happen to have friends in a country where it's impossible to withdraw paypal to a bank account. They often ask me for help when they want to make larger purchases and don't feel safe using their credit cards online. I will definitely be looking into the options that you mentioned.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you considered Payoneer as an option? I noticed that some Odesk freelancers who live in Colombia use or used their Payoneer cards in Colombia. That was back 2011. Things might have changed since then. Just look around, visit the Payoneer site if Colombians still are eligible to apply for their [Payoneer debit cards], you could make a little cash referring your friends.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Dora M@Dora M, You're welcome, I know they can sell their funds in those payment processors, and their local seller deposits the money to their bank account. In my country (Philippines) there is a similar service and that's how I encashed my Liberty Reserve funds.