PayPal question

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Brendan • Sep 26, 2012.

1. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    Hi everyone! I have a quick question regarding Paypal.

I already have one PayPal account and it is verified through my bank account. I have 3 eBay accounts; all of which are connected to my one PayPal account.

Is it possible to make a second PayPal account and use the same bank account as before or would I need a different bank account to go with the new PayPal account? Does anyone know?

2. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I think so. Its possible to create another account it must be another kind. Maybe one will be a personal account and the pther must be business account or so.

3. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Hey Brendan, you are allowed to own two PayPal accounts, one being a personal account and the other one being either a Premier or Business account. However, each of these accounts must have its own email address as well as bank accounts. So, I doubt you can re-use the same bank account you are using for your current account. I hope this helps!

4. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I was going to say that you can't use one bank account for more than one Paypal account. Also, as an aside for those in the UK, I don't know if they have changed it in the US or not. Paypal have moved to a faster payments system, meaning any withdrawals made to your bank usually show up within 2 hours, regardless of time or day. However, Paypal reserve the right to hold the withdrawal for 24 hours to do a "Security Check" - it isn't supposed to happen every time but out of 6 withdrawals I have had five held- which is annoying. Just thought I would give an heads up to you all.

5. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I don't think you can attach one bank account to more than one paypal account. When I tried doing this a couple of years ago, the system didn't permit me. Not sure if this has changed, but highly doubt it.

6. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This is exactly how it is. It will need to be unique in every way. You should be able to use a savings account if you only have one checking account, but it still has to be unique.

Why is it that you feel the need for a second one?

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Is this "faster" system, taking money from your bank account and transferring to your paypal, or is it Paypal to your account that is faster? I know for me, here in the U.S it takes a day or 2 to get my money from paypal to my bank account :(

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering the same thing but I have my doubts that it will be the transfer from PayPal to the bank account. I am betting it is when they take the money from your account. As far as having two PayPal accounts tied to one bank account, the last time I tried that the answer was no.

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was wondering, since I have 2 Paypal accounts because the original one got limited, when I get to verify it, is it ok for me to transfer the funds that I have from my 2nd account to my original account? Since we all know that we are only allowed to have a personal and business account, and both accounts are only personal accounts. I'm afraid Paypal might detect the transfer and block both accounts. Or should I just use the money in my 2nd account to buy stuff online before I close it? What is the best thing to do?

10. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I contacted PayPal with the same question a while ago. I buy a lot of items for business and a lot for personal use and wanted to pay for items on different PayPal accounts if I could so that I can keep a clearer record of what are personal and business expenses.

I did get an email back from customer services and they advised me that I could set up a second account. However, I would have to have another bank account and another bank card to verify it.

I asked some time ago so it might be worth checking with them again, but as far as I know a second account is OK provided you have a second bank account to link it to.

11. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    From what I know, you are allowed to make multiple accounts on Paypal. Regarding with the bank accounts, I think you need to have a different bank account to verify the other account. However if your main intention is just verifying your account, you can just remove your bank account from your old paypal account (your account is still verified) and use it to verify your new paypal account. Then you can just remove again your bank account from your new paypal account after you have verified it and return it again to your old paypal account. From what I know, your verification status will not be affected even if you remove your linked bank account from it.

12. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I believe you can have two Paypal accounts, one personal and the second one either a Premier/Business account.

13. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    You would have to have a different bank. I recently discovered this myself. Good luck!

14. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I think you need to have a different bank account and credit card information the second. They did me the same way, they told me it was already connected to one PayPal account.

15. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    Okay, thank you everyone for your responses. It looks as though I can not use the same bank account on two different PayPal accounts. Also, for those who were wondering...I was hoping to possibly make a second PayPal account, because my current one is a Premier account that I had used for my eBaying needs, and now I just wanted a "normal" personal account as well.

16. chintu

chintuNew Member

Threads:
    If you have a bank account and if you verify your paypal account then no need to worry you can go with paypal without any problem . and if you dont verify your paypal account you may face many problems .

17. charlesnear

charlesnearNew Member

Threads:
    Yes you are allowed but only 2 accounts.

18. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    A bank account can only be attached to one Paypal account. Don't worry, I have tried attaching the same bank account into a different paypal and paypal has detected that my bank account is already attached to a different account. :)

19. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, you can have more than one Paypal account, but you will have to link a separate bank account and credit or debit card from the one that you linked up to your previous account. You can open one account for business and the other account for personal use. You can also open one Paypal account for one country and another Paypal account for another one.