Paypal Shopping

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Jul 6, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know many, if not most of us, use Paypal to get paid for working online, and also use it to pay for items we buy online (and sometimes in stores, with the PayPal debit card), but did you know you could also use PayPal as a site to shop, and get deals?

It seems they are partnering up with many larger companies, to offer discounts on shipping, and the cost of items. If you're going to be shopping online anyway, you might as well check to see if you'd save money by using the links on the PayPal site to receive discounts on items you're going to purchase. Here's a link to some of their discounts.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew that you can actually buy items from Paypal, I will have to look into this. When you make select purchases with your PayPal card, you do receive cash back incentives which I have found to be nice. You only get a few cents back, but it all adds up.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I occasionally get emails from Paypal notifying me of some special offer. I've never bought any of the stuff being promoted though because the products that are on sale would be of no use to me. One thing I didn't know though is that they've got this webpage, I'll bookmark it and take a look [at it] from time to time . . . I might stumble into a great deal some day.

Thanks for sharing.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get emails too, they sometimes offer money off when you shop through PayPal so it's worth reading the emails they send and if you don't get them then tick the box to get them. I was offered $5 off any purchase if I bought through PayPal on any number of retailers through a special link.

They are encouraging people to use PayPal more and to set up accounts with companies in competition with credit and debit cards I guess.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get those Paypal emails too, but the stores that I checked out at that time were quite expensive and out of my budget, and the shipping fee was expensive too. Maybe 1 day I'll get to stumble upon a better deal. Right now I'm more inclined to check out the deals in Ebay.

6. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I've checked out the offers or deals here and there before but never taken advantage of them. I don't usually find any that are for what I want or need at the time or are within my budget even if it is something I want. Often I can find the same things on ebay or Amazon even cheaper than whatever deal they are offering at the time, but sometimes not. I guess it just depends on what it is. I do think it is cool that they do offer deals with affiliates and discounts with partnering sites, though. I love Paypal and all of their features.

7. Diane Lane

Threads:
    I love that they're expanding, and appear to be partnering up, as well @SarahWorksAtHome@SarahWorksAtHome.

I find it interesting also that when I log on using my PayPal app, they list people/businesses in the area. I wish they would have something clickable, so I could check out those users, at least something with a little blurb about who they are, and what they do. One thing I found interesting is there is a law firm on there. I'd never heard of a law firm accepting PayPal before, so maybe it's something that more professional practices are doing these days.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've seen some of their promos for a while now and I'm always tempted to purchase from those links but unfortunately they aren't available to me locally so even if I did manage to find one that ships internationally I have a feeling I'll be paying a lot for shipping anyway. I have considered buying from them a few times for buying gifts for my friends overseas and hopefully soon I'll be able to try it out, but I agree that the promos there are very good and seem like they are worth at least checking out.

9. Diane Lane

Threads:
    You could ask their customer service about whether they will be partnering with companies and stores in your country for this type of service. It seems they are constantly expanding the types of services they provide, and the number of businesses they are working with, so they might welcome your feedback.

10. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    This is new to me! I've been using paypal for such a long time, you think I'd of noticed by now. This looks like it could actually be quite useful, thank you!