Paypal vs -

Discussion in Payment Methods started by amy005 • Dec 12, 2013.

1. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Anyone use other types of paying services other then Paypal? I recently came across one the other day called Skrill. Then there is also Google Checkout and Amazon WebPay. Now I know that for some sites like eBay, the only one available to use is Paypal. But if you had the choice would you stick with Paypal or would you use a different one? Don't you think Ebay and other merchants should all give us the option of using something other then Paypal or are debit/credit cards? I for one am getting really sick of Pay Pal. I just recently had a bad experience with them and this was not the first one I have had.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have a secret shopping gig that pays through "PayQuicker." Honestly, I only use it to get paid through this company, so I can't speak to how good it is all around, but generally, it is exactly like PayPal. You hook it up to a bank account and deposit directly into it.

I've never had a problem with PayPal, honestly, maybe I should say knock on wood.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    The only payment services I use is Paypal. I never had troubles with transferring money from Paypal to my bank account and it's ultimately easy to use, so I guess I'm going to stick to it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the Ebay seller if they will accept other methods aside from Paypal. I have seen both local and international sellers accept payments aside from Paypal like credit cards, and via money transfer or bank deposit.

5. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    I like Paypal, most of the places I buy from use paypal as an option and with Amazon I always have an Amazon GC balance so that is no big deal.
    I've not had a problem with paypal itself, just problems with scammers posing as paypal through email.

6. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I've never had any problem with Paypal either. So far I'm satisfied with their services so I don't have any plans of using any other payment services right now. I think it's still the most widely used pay service company worldwide so money transactions through them is still the most convenient way for me.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have looked into quite a few alternatives to Paypal, and in my honest opinion, none of them measure up. That's if the reviews I brought up on Google are anything to go by. I read up on the likes of Dwolla, Skrill and Payza. I would never opt for any other payment processor for anything, because I've never had any reason to complain about Paypal. I've used it for years and have yet to have a problem....touch wood :)

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any online payment processor other than Paypal. I used to work with Payza, formerly Alertpay, but they are still not being supported in my country which make withdrawals very difficult and hassling. Add to that the fact that their fees are extremely high unlike Paypal's.

9. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you! I think the amount that Paypal is charging is fairly good. I hardly even feel the charges whenever I withdraw. I don't have any experiences with other payment processors and I have no way to compare their pricing but in my experience with Paypal all I have to say are good feed backs about them right now. :)

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Skrill has been online since long, long years ago, but under a different name; MoneyBookers.

It was aimed to be a realiable Paypal alternative, but it has never succeeded at all whether as Moneybookers; by those early days, there was a third contender during that era; the defunct Stormpay.

Google Wallet has been online at least for the past 10 years, coming after AdSense publishers demanded payments through Paypal, but being this a competitor, Google developed unsuccessfully that solution that now is revived, but still limited, same as Amazon alternative.

Actually there are other real alternatives to Paypal such as Payza/Alertpay, but the one with the best coverage and more accepted platform is Paypal.

Some others are discussed here,

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I have used only paypal.com and been with them through all the things good and some very dangerous things such as getting scam e-mails claiming to be paypal that I'd report to their security. I did try to get funds with giveforward and gofundme that doesn't use paypal they use WePay and nothing went right with it. I like Paypal and they have a debit card too that makes it so easy to pay for things too. I'm sticking with paypal.