Peanut Butter And Jelly - A Cheap Snack

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Jason76 • Oct 28, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    This can be a nice and tasty way to save money. It's a nice way to fill your tummy late at night instead of chomping down some more expensive stuff. Anyway, does anybody know varieties of this dish cause I think there is only one recipe?

2. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    I don't wanna use the word "cheap" for that. Peanut butter and jelly may not cost a lot, but the happiness you get when your tummy is fed up and the tastes so good is just overwhelming.
    You can try peanut butter and banana. It tastes good, too.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is tasty as well as economical putting peanut butter and jelly on toast for a snack. I love it, but how about Nestles refrigerated cookie dough, which on sale on Oahu is 2.50. It takes about 10 min. to have fresh baked cookies, so this is cheap too. I like the 7g of sugar too, so I like this snack too. At Walmart the usual price Oahu stores, is 3.13, so it's not so bad a snack too. A jar of peanut butter 16. oz. is 1.79 on sale and a jar of preserves, is 2.79 so, the cookie dough is cheaper for now, but you got to like cookies and baking it up. Now we got 2 choices for cheap snack that has good nutritional numbers too. :)

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, too bad peanut butter is pricey here so I rarely have some. It's one of the best snacks out there and healthier than most. I love to eat jelly on pancakes or make myself peanut butter and banana sandwiches. I love to change it up and make things healthier so I eat apples with peanut butter.

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it's a super cheap snack and I love it. Also, it's super simple to be made but at the same time, it's very delicious. :D

I highly recommend it. :)

6. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried peanut butter and jelly yet but my hubby loves it especially with toasted bread. He also likes strawberry jam with peanut butter and can't eat it unless it's on a three layer bread :) It's a delicious snack (as for him), cheap and easy to make as well so it's really great to fill those hungry tummies :D

7. Kimika

KimikaActive Member

Threads:
    I totally love bread with peanut butter and strawberry jam! I would trade that for chocolates LOL! I don't know why I love it, a lot of my family members find it weird that I am eating it but it really tastes good.

8. mdbree17

mdbree17Member

Threads:
    You can also try Peanut butter milkshake. I have not tried it yet, but it looks promising.

9. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I like peanut butter and honey. I've only recently started to eat it again after being reminded of this combination in another thread here. I've never tasted peanut butter and jelly. What sort of jelly? The fruit stuff that you can buy in small tubs?

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I seriously hate peanut butter and jelly sandwiches ! I like peanut butter and I also like jam (especially blackberry jam); but I do not like it together in a sandwich, and if I do eat this, I prefer it on toast and not just on plain bread.
    I usually have an apple with peanut butter on it if I want a healthy snack before bedtime, and it has all of the good taste of peanut butter and fruit, but not the empty carbs from jam/jelly and white bread.
    I think that the reason that I do not care for the peanut butter and jelly sandwich is because my mother didn’t like them either, and she always made lunchmeat/bologna sandwiches for us to eat instead of peanut butter, which we seldom even ate at all.
    I had a friend who used to make peanut butter and ketchup sandwiches for her kids, and they loved it; but the very idea of that mixture sounds horrible to me.

11. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    If you love Peanut Butter and Jelly so much, You will save more money if you make your own peanut butter and Jelly because you can mass produce them at home. Home made tasted the best and they don't have the harmful chemicals. You can also adjust the sweetness to your liking.

12. Athanas

AthanasActive Member

Threads:
    I would really recommend peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I personally don't eat this food frequently, but sometimes. It contains important nutrients for instance, proteins, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals among others.
    I have never thought that peanut butter and jelly could be prepared at home, but friends' views have confirmed it. I have only seen and tested commercial ones, but I will have to try and manufacture a little at home,before the end of November.

13. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    Can't wait to try this one, though I'm a bit hesitant. I have a bit of sensitivity when it comes to mixing food stuff and seems expensive too having to try it your own. I mean for you to actually buy two spreads and use them at the same time. But the idea is cool and seems delicious as well.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah I do found it weird as well the first time I saw my hubby eat it. Haven't seen anyone or known anyone who eats it and I haven't tasted it at all because I don't find it delicious. Say that it's yummy but will never trade if for chocolates (well for me) :D

15. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Well there are of number of ways you can make peanut butter and jelly more creative at a cheap price. You could try to do something new and add a bit of cheese within the mix or ham, they aren't too expensive on the market. You could even add in some fruit within it such as bananas and strawberries. You could even add in a bit of cinnamon.

16. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love Peanut Butter and Jelly! But I also like Peanut Butter and Apricot Jam. They are the most delicious thing. I like trying different things with my caramel crunch peanut butter.

17. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We generally use peanut butter as it's better health benefits and price is an extra advantage. We generally eat Jelly and Jams separately but there are times when we use Jelly and peanut butter together. We have number of options available like M&M, Crunchy etc. We have different pack sizes that makes them even economical