Pencil Portraits

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Gad • May 31, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Art is one field that many people hold with high esteem.However, we have the lot who think that art is just a matter of talent.A person one offered a dollar for a portrait and it pissed me so much.I do pencil portraits and I think that they are a perfect gift to give a loved one,a friend or even to reward one self.Pencil portraits are unique in the sense that they are simple.They make sure they define the art of giving gifts perfectly.On many occasions,I get many orders during the valentine season.A good point to note is that portraits are not expensive so if you are looking to get someone a cheap yet unique gift,i think a pencil portrait would be ideal.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Right. Giving someone a portrait as a gift is a great idea, whether it's a painting or a pencil portrait. I used to paint when I was younger but stopped since I became busy with work. My sister paints as well and she gets orders from time to time and I think she's doing a great job :) In our place, pencil portraits aren't that expensive and I can see stalls in local malls that offers painting and pencil portraits at a fair price.

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    There is something elegant about these types of sketches and the form of art in general, and I agree they are great as gifts. I cannot imagine them being too expensive though.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Let me just add my experience on this pencil or charcoal drawing. My wife's sister gifted us with a portrait of my wife and me. It is a charcoal painting that was made by an unknown artist. Of course, we were delighted with that gift. But after a year, the paper had developed brown spots. When we asked another artist about that, he said that the paper used was inferior and those brown spots are elements like humidity. It cannot be dirt because it is inside a frame. We still have that portrait on display in our living room and it still looks good.... just don't come nearer so you wouldn't see the brown spots.