Pens

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Strykstar • Jun 30, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have a regular pen that you use or do you have many of them strewn around The House?
    I always use the same one and I always know where it is so I can easily get it out when needed.
    My girlfriend however is different, she has Pens all over the place, there one in her purse, one on the fridge, one in her nightstand, etc. The funny thing is that she has all those pens but is always fumbling to find one :)
    How about you guys?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    In my house pens (as well as lighters) have a habit of finding their way into people's pockets so I normally buy a big pack of them from the local pound store every couple of months. I have never had one long enough to call it a regular pen. :)

3. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on where I am, I have them laying around my house but I don't really take them away from where they are, so I have a "desk-pen", a "couch-pen", a "bed-pen", a "lunch-table-pen" and so on and so forth. I mostly use the "desk-pen" though, because that's where I need to write down most things. The one next to my bed is for when I have an idea when I wake up so I can write it down before I forget it, so that one is used a lot too. I'm not sure if you could call those regular-pens, because I actually use the other ones too, but I mostly use those.

4. luigi

luigiMember

Threads:
    I love pens of any sort, so I have a bunch of them everywhere - in every room of the house, my carrying bag, my car, etc. I am always in need of one, so if I just had one to carry with me everywhere, I'd probably end up losing it. I try to keep this one particular pen with me, though. It's my favorite kind. Jetstream Uni 1.0 - straight from Staples where I'd buy a thousand of them if I could. Since I don't want to lose it, though, I just keep it in my den when I'm not out and about.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also buy several pens and since I'm always walking around with a notebook and can leave it anywhere [in the house] I don't ever use the same pen for a long time. Some could be misplaced and found months later. Also because I've heard [unproven] theories that color of a pen [its ink] can indirectly influence how you write, I usually use different ones to test the validity of the theory.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a bag full of pens, I have pens in every bag so that I am not without a pen. In the house I like to have pens in all the rooms so that I do not have to look for a pen when I need to write something. I will purchase pens when I am out to have just in case. People do like to put your pen in their pocket and walk off with them so I keep plenty. When I find a pen I like I do not share that pen with anyone because I know I will not see it again.

7. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same situation. lol. I conduct regular workshops here in our garage and the same items, pens and lighters get carried away by the attendees. I also buy a pack of them at least every quarter. Yep, a regular pen here lasts only about 3 months max.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a few pens all over the apartment. There is never one in my purse when I need it, because I take it out to use and then forget to put it back in my purse.
    I'm picky about pens and like felt tip pens with a very fine point like the thin Sharpie pens that are made for writing on paper or Sakura Pigma Micron, or Le Pen.
    I like to have a lot of control over my writing and my handwriting is very neat and precise, so I'm not a fan of rollerball pens that slide all over the place.

9. HarryS

HarrySNew Member

Threads:
    I always buy the most inexpensive pens possible. Although there are differences between pens, they are not worth the price difference.There is no need to buy pens that are darker, smoother, or prettier. They all serve the same purpose and complete the same job. Pens are simply a tool to put ink on paper.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a couple of pens, but I only use one and I use it until the tint runs out. I don't like using several pens at once, it just feels odd to me. I prefer using a single pen to the last drop before using another one, unless of course, the pen won't write anymore even if it still has a lot of ink in it.